Fozen in CMR

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Flashed AOKP build 38 and gapps this morning.<-- phone good.

Wanted to get my verizon to work again, downloaded myverizobgalaxynexus&VZWAPN.zip file as the verizonapp.zip was not installing for me.

Found package, opened package, AOSP TORO MyVerizon Installation installed, will not let me reboot.
can I do a battery pull and have my phone work again?

Xanth

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Flashed AOKP build 38 and gapps this morning.<-- phone good.

Wanted to get my verizon to work again, downloaded myverizobgalaxynexus&VZWAPN.zip file as the verizonapp.zip was not installing for me.

Found package, opened package, AOSP TORO MyVerizon Installation installed, will not let me reboot.
can I do a battery pull and have my phone work again?

Xanth

You should. Is this a flashable zip? Just a bit of advice--if you download a flashable zip, don't click on it or try to bring up ROM Manager or CWM through clicking it. Just reboot to recovery and do it there.

For some reason, a lot of crazy voodoo happens when ROM Manager is the go between.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
so battery pull and see what happens?

Yup. Worse case scenario is you'll have to batt pull again, then hold down all VOL (UP + DOWN) and POWER to get into the bootloader. From there you can get into recovery and wipe cache/dalvik, or even data if you really, really botched things up ;).

Reactions: Xanth269

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Worse case scenario is you'll have to batt pull again, then hold down all VOL (UP + DOWN) and POWER to get into the bootloader. From there you can get into recovery and wipe cache/dalvik, or even data if you really, really botched things up ;).

OK thanks, if I have an issue I will post, glad to see how you monitor the board.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
No problem. You should be OK; I've batt pulled in CWM more than I care to admit ;).

OK,
Battery pull rebooted, phone makes call and I can move around,
anyway to know what I did install and if possible to uninstall?

in my original VerizonAPPS.zip it has 4 apk files, maybe i unzipped and installed them that way I don't remember and don't remember where I found the thread with instructions,.

Xanth ;)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
OK,
Battery pull rebooted, phone makes call and I can move around,
anyway to know what I did install and if possible to uninstall?

in my original VerizonAPPS.zip it has 4 apk files, maybe i unzipped and installed them that way I don't remember and don't remember where I found the thread with instructions,.

Xanth ;)

I would use Root Explorer or a similar app to find the .apks. You can see if they work; if not, just uninstall them. Also check your app list under settings ==> if it was a successful installation, they'll be there.

Reactions: Xanth269

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I would use Root Explorer or a similar app to find the .apks. You can see if they work; if not, just uninstall them. Also check your app list under settings ==> if it was a successful installation, they'll be there.

Doesn't show up under apps, or when I use romtool box, nothing there either, guess it did not install anything.

on another note is the latest Franco stable? read it was having issues with some people dimming screen and colors were off.

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't show up under apps, or when I use romtool box, nothing there either, guess it did not install anything.

on another note is the latest Franco stable? read it was having issues with some people dimming screen and colors were off.

His Milestone 4 is very stable; personally, I'm on R180 and I love it. The dimming screen issue was the app; upon reboot/grant of SU permission, it set all the colors to like 400 or some figure in the color control. It's been fixed--just go to Play Store and make sure you're up to date :).

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't have his app I just downloaded the file but have been holding off until I do the kernel.

Would be nice if AOKP would include his kernel since they seem to work good together.
Guess its time to do the kernel. my is 3.0.30-tuna-faux-017+, guess it may be from when I have Liquid installed

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't have his app I just downloaded the file but have been holding off until I do the kernel.

Would be nice if AOKP would include his kernel since they seem to work good together.
Guess its time to do the kernel. my is 3.0.30-tuna-faux-017+, guess it may be from when I have Liquid installed

Honestly, I have no clue why AOKP includes faux. I have never had good results with it, and flashing from that to franco is like night and day.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So I guess it wipe/wipe/wipe and install a zip. lol. :D

For franco? His app auto flashes, without wipes (presumably). I used to do a full cache/dalvik wipe before flashing a kernel, but I've become reliant on auto-flashing franco's latest goodness. I trust him :).

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
so its worth the $2.71 ( odd amount ) for his app.
maybe bite the bullet and do it that way.
so if I buy it and flash an new ROM, and gapps starts to d/l the apps it will do it as well and know I have already paid for it?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You can apply the color mod (easier) if you have his app. While I do not think it is quite as sharp as the CM settings, you can tweak for your particular screen. It does seem to make it look a little better, deeper darks and so on. Also, fast USB charging I find useful for at work and a bevy of other options that are otherwise only command line available without his app.

It is a good way for devs to get their donations without having to call them donations. Half the reason I bought it, was just to promote it as a good way to do things in the mobile economy.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
so its worth the $2.71 ( odd amount ) for his app.
maybe bite the bullet and do it that way.
so if I buy it and flash an new ROM, and gapps starts to d/l the apps it will do it as well and know I have already paid for it?

Yup. One of the first things I do after restoring Nova settings is flash franco via the app.

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
@dmmarck, if i buy Franco's app will it give me the option which kernel i want to flash or will it automatically flash his most recent kernal. i am new to flashing kernels so i want to make sure i dont screw up anything