Help me with Battery Life

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: Made an updated post below.

Oh no.. not another one of these threads.. I know.. everyone wants more battery life. I'm wondering if it is my phone, kernal, rom or what.. I've tried a few combinations.. I use Badass Battery Monitor and I bought Better Battery Stats.. I wanted to post my battery specs and let me know what you guys think.

I'm running AOKP, Franco 180..regular battery. Now 65% at 12 hours seems pretty good, but this is when I was sleeping! I slept like for 10 hours this night because I was re cooperating from vegas.. Total on screen time is only 5 minutes, and I made no phone calls.. I'm on the regular battery (my extended one was lost :( ) I'm seeing people get almost 24 hours with hours of on screen time..

View attachment 27756

View attachment 27757

View attachment 27758

View attachment 27759

View attachment 27760

View attachment 27761

View attachment 27762

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The one app that is appearing in your BetterBatteryStats seems to waking your kernel a lot and that would be my best guess as to why your battery is draining quick.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
That's definitely bad stats. You should be getting 1.5 to 3 hours of screen time, depending on what you're doing with the phone. The first thing I'd do is a battery pull. Sometimes you get a runaway app, and that's the most certain way to reset everything. If that doesn't help, you probably have some app on there that's a POS. People seem to install the stupidest things...usually just because they exist. I'd delete every app that you aren't truly and actively using. You can always re-download them later.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I do have a ton of apps, the app that I see that uses the most battery is BeyondPod, and that is one of my most used apps.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to give you guys an update... I've used tons of different roms and kernals... It's just as bad as before, and my phone is sleeping pretty well!!

EDIT: 4G, GPS, SYNC, BLUETOOTH, WIFI are all off.
Screenshot_2012-10-15-10-53-27[1].png

Screenshot_2012-10-15-10-53-34[1].png

Screenshot_2012-10-15-10-53-22[1].png

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
weak phone signal could be draining your battery, wifi may help. But I also struggle with similar problems, crappy battery. LightFlow and Google Maps wake my device all day

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My phone never seems to really get a "good" signal.. I don't have it when often my girlfriend on ATT (iphone) has it... and I'm on supposedly the most robust network in America. You think it could be just a lemon phone? I have insurance on it... Can I do anything?

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My phone never seems to really get a "good" signal.. I don't have it when often my girlfriend on ATT (iphone) has it... and I'm on supposedly the most robust network in America. You think it could be just a lemon phone? I have insurance on it... Can I do anything?

Ya, you can do something: Get a NEW phone. (Well, that's what I plan on doing anyways when the next Galaxy (Note 2, that is) comes out. :D

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Ya, you can do something: Get a NEW phone. (Well, that's what I plan on doing anyways when the next Galaxy (Note 2, that is) comes out. :D

Yeah, I've been seriously considering it. Looking forward to the Asus Padfone 2 announcement tomorrow. It's too bad for me the GNex isn't worth very much since the unlocked version is only $350. Great for consumers though. I paid almost $300 on contract!

amazin1988

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Honestly my screen is what kills my phone battery and I have it on auto brightness so therefore I don't know what else to do to save battery

iTzAmazed

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Most people that post 24 hours or more of battery are on wifi. The best I have done on my extended battery life are 15 hrs with 4 hrs of screen time, no wifi. If you have no 4g in your area and it's on in your phone, you will use more battery due to your phone trying to find the signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
1. Today something new. Have not seen this before. Battery drained rapidly. I looked in battery stats and Media at 20% was listed right under screen. I was not downloading or using Music, video, movies or anything. Can't find out how to stop it. This morning after all night charge battery was charged to only 79% instead of the usual 98%. How do I go about finding a rogue app to shut it down. I have better battery stats but don't yet know how to interpret what I am seeing.
2. Also have issue where phone gets very hot. Battery discharges rapidly and I get Black Screen of Death where it won't reboot. Fresh Battery swap is required before I can reboot. Would like to get to the bottom of this but not sure what tools I need.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
1. Today something new. Have not seen this before. Battery drained rapidly. I looked in battery stats and Media at 20% was listed right under screen. I was not downloading or using Music, video, movies or anything. Can't find out how to stop it. This morning after all night charge battery was charged to only 79% instead of the usual 98%. How do I go about finding a rogue app to shut it down. I have better battery stats but don't yet know how to interpret what I am seeing.
2. Also have issue where phone gets very hot. Battery discharges rapidly and I get Black Screen of Death where it won't reboot. Fresh Battery swap is required before I can reboot. Would like to get to the bottom of this but not sure what tools I need.

Have you tried a different kernel? You can download gsam from the play store, it's easier to read what app is waking your device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

I get that black screen as well, I have to do a battery pull, which is why a non-removable battery on Android seems scary..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon