[ROM][TORO] Paranoid Android [JellyBean][V 1.6][PreAlpha]

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][LINK][TORO] Paranoid Android [CM9HYBRID][V 1.4]

Just flashed this last night and loving it. One question. How can I get the menu button in the navigation bar?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I honestly have no idea; if it's straight CM9, then that option does not exist yet. When I was on 1.1 I made sure to increase nav button size, but that came with some side effects (like the soft keys being cut off to fit notifications).

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I've been really tempted by this ROM, mostly for the idea of allowing the "tablet" mode to be used for some apps. I saw the demonstration of Netflix, and the tablet version is wildly better.

Decisions, decisions...

Go for it man. Its awesome. But just as posted above. Give it some serious time to set up. After I flashed it I must have been at it for a few hours. Its a pain but worth it

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed this last night and loving it. One question. How can I get the menu button in the navigation bar?

Oh yeah...the lockscreen too. I'll post a screenshot of what mine looks like. The dpi looks fuct

Click to view quoted image

I haven't seen that, when I flash 1.4 I'll look into it for ya.

Dpi is a pain but when you get it kooking right its pretty rad.:)

Reactions: sicario666

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I gave this a shot last week, flashed it right over my CM9 nightly, it is a really interesting and cool concept. But like dmmarck, I didn't really take enough time to fiddle with it and get all the settings the way I'd want. I only ran it for a few hours and then jumped over to AOKP.

There is a lot going on with it and you have to mess with a lot of settings; I think this would be a fantastic ROM for the Galaxy Note

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Oh yeah...the lockscreen too. I'll post a screenshot of what mine looks like. The dpi looks fuct

Click to view quoted image

Yeah the lockscreen drove me nuts.

Also, I know we should not be playing with our phones while driving, but don't even bother with this unless you're used to it. I flashed it and literally drove 3 hours; between changing the maps DPI and trying to remember that notifications were at the bottom it was a massive, massive pain lol

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Yeah the lockscreen drove me nuts.

Also, I know we should not be playing with our phones while driving, but don't even bother with this unless you're used to it. I flashed it and literally drove 3 hours; between changing the maps DPI and trying to remember that notifications were at the bottom it was a massive, massive pain lol

Word you definitely have to make the icons big enough to see or touch while driving or otherwise not giving your phone undivided attention...

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Interesting rom. Will be playing with this Hybrid soon.

Last edited:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Interesting rom. Will be playing with this Hybrid soon.

Go for it man. I can't get over how awesome it really is. Themes are very slick too. The theme Chooser is an extremely nice goodie

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Will this rom ever have an AOKP base? Is there a way I could get that? Cause when I flashed 0.9 I didn't get very good battery life at all. Or is there another reason for the little battery life?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Will this rom ever have an AOKP base? Is there a way I could get that? Cause when I flashed 0.9 I didn't get very good battery life at all. Or is there another reason for the little battery life?

Flash a different kernel :).

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
So then in theory this rom, with the right kernel, should have just as good battery life as an AOKP rom or droid th3ory rom? Or am I missing something?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
So then in theory this rom, with the right kernel, should have just as good battery life as an AOKP rom or droid th3ory rom? Or am I missing something?

Try Franco's latest build. I believe its 190. My battery life is great

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

It's like getting a large pizza for the price of a medium - you just can't say no to that kind of deal.

(Analogous, but certainly doesn't answer your question...Advisors?)