[ROM][TORO] Paranoid Android [JellyBean][V 1.6][PreAlpha]

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I know they like to keep this ROM pretty stock but is the ability to skip music tracks with the volume rocker (when the screen is off) included in this ROM? I really like the PIE navigation feature but I use volume skip quite frequently.

Last edited:

estods3

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Ya that feature is on the ROM it is under lock screen settings at the bottom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

The PIE idea is very cool or at the very least original, but I didn't bother setting up my phone after checking the rom controls. Seemed rather bland (as intended...just not my cup o tea). Going to use this opportunity to flash a few roms since I had been riding dirty aokp linaro nightlies for quite a while. Maybe I'll come back after I see what else is going on these days. Thanks for mentioning PA and gettting me out of my lazy dirty crackflashing ways:D

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The PIE idea is very cool or at the very least original, but I didn't bother setting up my phone after checking the rom controls. Seemed rather bland (as intended...just not my cup o tea). Going to use this opportunity to flash a few roms since I had been riding dirty aokp linaro nightlies for quite a while. Maybe I'll come back after I see what else is going on these days. Thanks for mentioning PA and gettting me out of my lazy dirty crackflashing ways:D

I've been crack-a-lackin these builds as they become available. Was riding the AOKP train dirty before that... and before that, was just flashing any ROM that piqued my curiosity.

I dig PIE controls, and you're right... there aren't a lot of bells and whistles in this ROM.... but it is blazing fast, and I love tablet/phablet UI. I miss a lot of the extra features from AOKP, but I think this ROM is faster with the stock kernel at default settings, than AOKP is with Franco/lean/Trinity overclocked.

I may jump off for a bit and flash some other stuff after I rock the 3.0 release for a while. PA is open though, so we might see PIE getting merged into other ROMs. AOKP + PIE would be awesome.

Happy flashing, brother :beer:

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Word up man. I flashed PA, Xenon, CM10.1 skank, and ended back on spears aokp linaro build lol. Side note I just bought two 16GB N4s. Can't wait to get them (lady ditching SGS3 I gave her too) and officially give VZW the bird!! 1/3 monthly bill...here I come : )

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't wait for the next release... jumped back to familiarity :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360240268795.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360240268795.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 19

estods3

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded and installed it fine. The pie controls look better and I like the home screen rotation but why is there screenshot option if u hold down power button ? It seems inefficient. Also I liked that this ROM looked very stock like but now there is a different boot animation and status bar icons

Patrick Nieset

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM][LINK][TORO] Paranoid Android [CM9HYBRID][V 1.4]

i have looked at a lot of roms and I want to put Paranoid Android onto my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus Goolge Phone. I have the phone Rooted with Clockwork Recovery.
I have even downloaded pa_maguro-3.15-28mar2013-021939.zip file and also downloaded the
pa_gapps-full--4.2-20130329-signed.zip files and I can install the pa_gapps but not the actual pa_maguro rom. I keep getting the Status 7 error it is becoming very frustrating. I have seen youtube videos with my phone having this on it and could use some help with this. Any and all advise i will be gratefull for. Thanks.

pmcd1962

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

i have looked at a lot of roms and I want to put Paranoid Android onto my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus Goolge Phone. I have the phone Rooted with Clockwork Recovery.
I have even downloaded pa_maguro-3.15-28mar2013-021939.zip file and also downloaded the
pa_gapps-full--4.2-20130329-signed.zip files and I can install the pa_gapps but not the actual pa_maguro rom. I keep getting the Status 7 error it is becoming very frustrating. I have seen youtube videos with my phone having this on it and could use some help with this. Any and all advise i will be gratefull for. Thanks.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=229002

Patrick Nieset

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

I have downloaded the most updated Clockwork not sure if it was toro or not but it did root phone I also use the app ROOT Manager to install the rom but again get the error message. my nexus has android 4.2.2 JDQ39 baseband is I515.10 V.FK01/I515.FK02. if there is more information yo uneed just ask I would like to know what I am doing wrong.

Droid hungry

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
@patrick well I'm far from an expert here but you said you are trying to install the maguro rom. You need the rom that's named Toro, that is the rom for the vzw galaxy nexus. I believe that maguro is for the T mobile version.

jmorosky

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed PA 3.56 Halo7. I've been on CM10.1 for many months and then AOKP before that. Does anyone know if PA has notification toggles or Lock screen ring shortcuts?

Posted from my Island using my Smoke Monster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463