[ROM] ///CMPLX_B1ACK_ADV8\\\ [AXi0M]

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys I guess I have been lucky so far and been able to dl everything to my phone and flash via recovery so this will be a first for me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Flashing myself. CMPLX V1 was the best rom I've ever tried to be quite honest, and it's such a shame that DT has vanished into the haze.

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
cmplx was my favorite as well which is why i chose to work on it in his absence. it doesnt have a million pointless/redundant tweaks or an ugly-ass UI like some of the other kang-style ROMs which makes it kindof like a high-speed lightweight fighter jet compared to an airbus that serves hot meals & gives you warm towlettes. i made quite a few improvements.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
cmplx was my favorite as well which is why i chose to work on it in his absence. it doesnt have a million pointless/redundant tweaks or an ugly-ass UI like some of the other kang-style ROMs which makes it kindof like a high-speed lightweight fighter jet compared to an airbus that serves hot meals & gives you warm towlettes. i made quite a few improvements.

Well I certainly appreciate it; his roms were the only "boutique" roms I could stand, and the dude's awesome in general.

Please keep it up (that goes for DHO as well)!

Reactions: PrimeDirective

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
ok guys just want to make sure i have this down, i dl the email and exchange add on's last night, do i drag and drop the files into my sd card so that i can flash through recovery like normal, sorry for the noob questions this is my first time doing it this way

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
great rom just a couple of issues or questions i have, i've used the s-voice last night and all day today it keeps on telling me network not available, also i keep losing my phone icon and other apps i have right above the navigation buttons, i've had to reboot phone 3 times today to get them back, am i doing something wrong?

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
ok guys just want to make sure i have this down, i dl the email and exchange add on's last night, do i drag and drop the files into my sd card so that i can flash through recovery like normal, sorry for the noob questions this is my first time doing it this way
Yup. You can drop it into your download folder if you wish then it will look like you downloaded it from your phone. Then just flash in recovery like anything else!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Got it, thanks everyone for all the great advice you guys are awesome

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

all of the addon packs are flashovers so you could do it either way. copy into the ROM folder before install or flash after you've install the ROM.

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
great rom just a couple of issues or questions i have, i've used the s-voice last night and all day today it keeps on telling me network not available, also i keep losing my phone icon and other apps i have right above the navigation buttons, i've had to reboot phone 3 times today to get them back, am i doing something wrong?

yea i'd say LOL. did you flash the addon pack over cmplx b1ack adv or *gasp* another ROM? if you're getting a network not available message it's because you are missing a build.prop edit i put in my ROM to ensure trickery of vlingo so that my svoice package works.

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i flashed the cmplx b1 rom first then the add on pack, i had another rom but according to the instructions when i flash this rom i dont have to wipe anything it does it by itself.

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
i flashed the cmplx b1 rom first then the add on pack, i had another rom but according to the instructions when i flash this rom i dont have to wipe anything it does it by itself.

do you mean cmplx b1ack adv? was it the current version? i just flashed my addon pack and it works here...

you are correct. my install script takes care of all wiping for you. cache, dalvik, old system, user data, etc etc etc

viva la convenience.

Reactions: dmmarck

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
do you mean cmplx b1ack adv? was it the current version? i just flashed my addon pack and it works here...

you are correct. my install script takes care of all wiping for you. cache, dalvik, old system, user data, etc etc etc

viva la convenience.

I remember when DT first implemented that. Was terrified!

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

viva la convenience.

yes sorry thats what i meant. ok the s-voice is working fine today maybe there was a glitch or something, any ideas on why i lose my icons on my main page and have to reboot the phone to get them back? thanks for your help