I need STEP BY STEP rooting instructions, please.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the net all day searching on how to root my VZW GNex, and I can't. Does anyone have the ability to give me EVERY STEP, from BEGINNING to END, on how to root my phone? I use the IMM76K version. I feel about as ed as one can be, not to mention I've wasted an entire Sunday on nonsense......

I'd like something current and with no bugs, preferrably. Many thanks to whomever can help me.

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
You posted a search engine. I've been on Google and YouTube all day. I am looking for a direct, step by step link.

Check the stickies under the gnex rooted section. Wugs toolkit was a joke it was so simple. Give it a try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Check the stickies under the gnex rooted section. Wugs toolkit was a joke it was so simple. Give it a try.

I tried Wugs. Couldn't get it. I came across like 5 different sets of instructions. Do you by chance have a link?

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried Wugs. Couldn't get it. I came across like 5 different sets of instructions. Do you by chance have a link?

Nope sorry it was last month when I used it. There may be an updated link over on xda if the ones here don't work.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been on the net all day searching on how to root my VZW GNex, and I can't. Does anyone have the ability to give me EVERY STEP, from BEGINNING to END, on how to root my phone? I use the IMM76K version. I feel about as ed as one can be, not to mention I've wasted an entire Sunday on nonsense......

I'd like something current and with no bugs, preferrably. Many thanks to whomever can help me.

All of the guides we have should be applicable; did you read through them? There's even discussion in one of them regarding the new 4.0.4 Superuser.

Wug's should have worked, and I really have no idea what it didn't. The only possible thing I can think of is (1) configuration errors, or (2) miscommunication.

Here's CyberWarrior's EPIC Step-by-Step guide WITH pictures:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ock-bootloader-root-verizon-galaxy-nexus.html

The only hangup I can see is the requirement of having a new superuser.zip, which is found all over this place--check the MAC METHOD guide (the last few pages) for that. Zero neck walked a colleague through rooting and adapting that guide to 4.0.4.

Again, the simplest method will be Wug's. Remember, with that you need to:

1. Install and configure the drivers
  2. Make sure you're doing this for CDMA and NOT GSM GNexus
  3. Hit Unlock, follow the instructions on the screen
  4. Hit Root, follow the instructions on the screen

It's considered a "one click" method; you click a button, maybe click a couple more, and within minutes you are rooted.

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If you have done all that there is little anyone can add because those links have everything you need. Wug's is nearest self explanatory as it can be. Can you at least point out where with Wug's it or you failed?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I swear to Christ I've done all that. That's why I'm so damn frustrated. I can't identify the problem!

[GNex TOOLKIT V7.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MORE [VERIZON] - xda-developers

Download that. Select #12 for your model (IMM76K). Then select #7 (one click that unlocks, roots, renames the recovery restore files, and flashes a custom recovery). You could, in theory, start at #4 and do 4, 5, and 6.

If the drivers are configured, that should work. Follow the instructions in that thread and say a few Hail Mary's beforehand.

Edit: I hope that this 20 minute gap of silence means you downloaded that and have run through it flawlessly :). If you choose to start at #4 (rooting), be sure to do 4, 5 AND 6. All of those must be done. If the rename of recovery files isn't, you may wind up having to flash a custom recovery every time you want to use one unless you rename them yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
OP, just out of curiosity, did you read my posts in your other thread? If you haven't, you should. If you have, have you gone to that forum and asked Wug for help? If not, that'd be the absolute first thing I'd do. He will literally walk you through the process.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Just checking in to see the OP had any success...

I seen this thread and was gonna suggest the OP to ask you or zero. You know... the normal AC crew. Looks like you're already here :D

BinaryCode transmission from ParanoidNexus via XpTapaTalk2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys for not updating sooner. No luck. I had my wife try too. So far, we've used 2 lap tops with Windows 7 and a PC with XP. Drivers successfully installed (installed then 20 times). I push "12" then "7," and othing happens when I hit "7."

I've YouTubed everything, Googled instructions, and I'm at a total loss. I gotta find someone who can do it for me. I just wish I knew someone lol. I even called Samsung to ask for their help and they shot me down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy