Hulu+ on Rooted Devices

jackdw

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get around the "Required DRM not supported" warning on the new Hulu+ app? I assume is due to my device being rooted, since rooting tends to freak content providers out over DRM. Somewhat ironically, the old, moded version that I installed due to my device being unsupported still works, though I would like the updated version. I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus with LiquidSmooth 1.5 installed - could flashing another ROM or returning to stock (but still rooted) help solve the issue?

For those of you think you are suffering from deja vu, I did also post this on The Verge and XDA.

EDIT: I tried unrooting (without changing ROMs), and it is still not working.

Last edited:

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Did you try a force close or a reboot to make sure the hulu app fully restarted. Also I just canceled my hulu subscription or I could try some stuff from my devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TCD

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Search for hulu plus apk with version 1.0.116 on xda.

It works well on rooted devices, even those not officially supported. I have run this on rooted Epic 4G (original) from froyo to ICS, on my Lenovo Ideapad K1 which is now running CM 10 Jelly Bean, and on my rooted GSIII withno DRM issues.

(Edit) if you have installed Hulu from Play Store you need to remove it first.

(Edit 2) link to post with correct info and links at xda - [APP][HACK] Hulu Plus App [No Root Needed][1.5MB][FULLY WORKING] - xda-developers

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar