Help installing jellybean

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, this is my first post here on android center. I have never rooted or installed a custom rom before (complete noob here, sorry). I was wondering how I can install jellybean on my phone? If you guys don't mind, could you point me in the right direction to get started? Btw, my phone is the verizon galaxy nexus running stock 4.0.4. Also, one more thing my phone is unlocked (I guess samsung unlocked it when I sent it in for repair). Thanks for any help! P.S. I'm not sure if this was the best place to post this, sorry in advance.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, this is my first post here on android center. I have never rooted or installed a custom rom before (complete noob here, sorry). I was wondering how I can install jellybean on my phone? If you guys don't mind, could you point me in the right direction to get started? Btw, my phone is the verizon galaxy nexus running stock 4.0.4. Also, one more thing my phone is unlocked (I guess samsung unlocked it when I sent it in for repair). Thanks for any help! P.S. I'm not sure if this was the best place to post this, sorry in advance.

Check out our stickied guides and root your device. If you need help with that, let us know!

After it's rooted the process can be explained :).

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Question though, my phone is already Unlocked (I guess samsung unlocked it when I sent it in for repair). So, do I just skip to the rooting part of the guide? Sorry, for all the questions.

Edit.......Btw, I'm running windows 7

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Question though, my phone is already Unlocked (I guess samsung unlocked it when I sent it in for repair). So, do I just skip to the rooting part of the guide? Sorry, for all the questions.

Edit.......Btw, I'm running windows 7

No, you want to root because it's going to give you greater access to control. I would start there, and be sure you have all of the drivers!

That's the common fault--incorrect drivers.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
No, you want to root because it's going to give you greater access to control. I would start there, and be sure you have all of the drivers!

That's the common fault--incorrect drivers.

he asked if he could skip TO the rooting process, not skip THE rooting process....lol

yes, you can skip to the rooting process.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
he asked if he could skip TO the rooting process, not skip THE rooting process....lol

yes, you can skip to the rooting process.

Whoops! Sorry about that, in multiple threads at the same time without a TARDIS.

Yes, you can absolutely skip TO the rooting process :).

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. One more question, do I need to wipe my phone clean? Remember, I didn't unlock the phone, samsung did. All my picures, games and contacts are still on the phone.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. One more question, do I need to wipe my phone clean? Remember, I didn't unlock the phone, samsung did. All my picures, games and contacts are still on the phone.

Since you're unlocked, it won't be wiped by the process. HOWEVER, I would still backup important stuff. Your contacts should by synced with Google, so don't worry about that.

When you install a rom, especially a new rom, you always want to do a data wipe, aka a factory reset. We'll get to that step when you're at that point :).

Also, check my signature for a link to (1) a general rooting/flashing guide for the Galaxy Nexus, and (2) a general depository of Jelly Bean roms/ports.

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've got a problem. I have not rooted my phone yet, but when I plug in my phone and start it in bootloader mode I get an error on my computer that says " Omap4440 no driver found" and "android 1.0 no driver found." Thoughts?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've got a problem. I have not rooted my phone yet, but when I plug in my phone and start it in bootloader mode I get an error on my computer that says " Omap4440 no driver found" and "android 1.0 no driver found." Thoughts?

Yeah it's a driver issue.

Did you install Wug's? Choose manual installation and follow those steps precisely. Uninstall all of the drivers and go through the toolkit's instructions methodically until you can confirm both (1) ADB and (2) fastboot drivers are installed and operable.

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, I don't have "Wug's" installed, and I have no Idea what it is. Also, what do you mean by tookits instructions? Sorry, I sad I was a noob :p

hansgroter

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info
Sig.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech