jelly bean wifi tether

Offbyone

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It works like it always has ... just download switchpro or any other widget from the market and use the built in tether. You may even be able to select it from the settings menu. If you don't get a warning from VZW when you activate the hotspot all is fine and you can tether free of charge.

Edit: Just tried it from the settings menu and it works like a champ. No need for the widget if ya dont want to.

Anyone with the official update try this yet?

glennj99

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with the official update try this yet?

Just updated OTA this morning. FoxFi doesn't work anymore and turning on wifi tethering via Settings->Wireless &Networks-More->Tethering & portable hotspot->Portable Wi-Fi hotspot option checks my "subscription status" and fails unless I agree to sign up for $30/month.

Same thing is true for Bluetooth and USB tethering as well.

I am on a Grandfathered Unlimited Data plan, so I am already paying $30/month for unlimited data, but now I can no longer tether with any of it without paying for it again, and then only 2gigs I think. Looking for a way to return to ICS 4.0.4 from this jellybean OTA.

bland1jm

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand what is so hard about getting SwitchPro. Install it, add the widget to home screen. Set-up your Mobile Wi-Fi network, then click the mobile hotspot button on the widget and you're up and running

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I've tried 5 different wifi widgets since JB and they all behave the same...it connects but the data is slow to non existent....i tried running a speed test it will not even ping...i had been using switch pro widget since December but it no longer performs right...i installed fattin widget yesterday it worked great, tried it this morning it's no longer working...the native tether option gives me a message to call Verizon...my nexus is completely stock, and im hearing having an unlimited data plan is the reason i cannot tether anymore...is this true can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad