Need help phone is dying

imnotajedi

May 24, 2011
Visit site
As stated before Boot loader does NOT work. See attached picture. This is the only screen that comes up. No Odin (volume down and power) and no Bott Loader (both volumes and power).

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
As stated before Boot loader does NOT work. See attached picture. This is the only screen that comes up. No Odin (volume down and power) and no Bott Loader (both volumes and power).

We have to double check, so my apologies.

Follow the ODIN guide, that is well beyond my area of expertise.

If this happens again, please consult my JB guide for it has steps to take to ensure recovery from softbricking. I've done it twice myself last week and can 100% confirm my way works :).

Reactions: imnotajedi

imnotajedi

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have soft bricked my phone many times and have restored my phone. I think something may have happened to the hardware when trying to use test 2000mhz on Franco's 215. I think my phone was on "set to boot" on Franco's kernel, not sure since I have been using the 4.1 rom the kernel never really seemed to actual set on boot. But this was definitely the cause /start of the problems. I cannot get the drivers on my computer to work anymore since my new dispaly came up (see previous images) Odin does not seem to work. I just hangs up and then fails after a really long time. But i think I will give that one more shot before I through in the towel.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have soft bricked my phone many times and have restored my phone. I think something may have happened to the hardware when trying to use test 2000mhz on Franco's 215. I think my phone was on "set to boot" on Franco's kernel, not sure since I have been using the 4.1 rom the kernel never really seemed to actual set on boot. But this was definitely the cause /start of the problems. I cannot get the drivers on my computer to work anymore since my new dispaly came up (see previous images) Odin does not seem to work. I just hangs up and then fails after a really long time. But i think I will give that one more shot before I through in the towel.

The only thing I think we can all take from that is overclocking that high might not be the greatest idea. Franco's usually pretty conservative with that stuff too; I'm kinda shocked he allowed such an option.

Past that, if you have insurance I wouldn't worry. I could see the hardware being torched due to that setting, and honestly, if you can't get through to it they won't even bother when you send it in.

But like you said, one last go round is worth it :).

imnotajedi

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I think we can all take from that is overclocking that high might not be the greatest idea. Franco's usually pretty conservative with that stuff too; I'm kinda shocked he allowed such an option..

I remember he did not have anything over 1344mhz for the longest time. When I updated his kernel and saw the 2000mhz option i had to test it out. Not expecting it to keep my phone set there after testing it.

This reminds me of the SR71 for my Pre.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to tell from this screen shot if Odin is correctly recognizing my phone?

Can't see the Pic BC I'm on my phone. You should be able to Odin unless, and I hope this is not the case, you odin'd the wrong file earlier or only Odin ing the first part messed something up. I don't think the kernel fried anything, but it is a long shot possibility I suppose.

Try to Odin back to 402 or 404 and make sure you use the toro stuff, for vzw, and you need both PDA and phone files . Gl!

Reactions: imnotajedi

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
When Odin sees your device. The yellow bar that you ready see is there. So it is detecting it. I haven't used Odin in a while but that's what I remember

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zero neck

Bleezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Damn, how frustrating. I wonder if theres a local phone store you could take it to or something. YOu'd think there's a market for that kind of things. LIke how PS3's and Xbox's now have 3rd party retailers that will fix,update, clean your systems now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay