Jelly Bean Party

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded Wugfresh 1.4 Toolkit all ready to go until I thought I check in with the forums for the last time...

After hearing Micky saying how easy everything is last night, I was dead set on rooting and flashing for the first time...

Many of you flash-a-holics got to know is that, some of us actually depend on our phones, and can't really have it out of commission for any period of time, if I miss a phone call it can mean loosing thousands of dollars...

I also have a 3-year old, so I can't be trying to root this thing at home with him running around and trying to unplug the device and wanting to play angry birds on the thing...

So the only place I can safely concentrate rooting this thing is at my office with the doors closed, on a slow Friday like today...!

But, seeing as how I get so stressed out when something so small as a picture not syncing to Picassa... I better not attempt JB today...!

Seeing also that I absolutely hate to set everything up again; it's not just doing a Nanroid backup or getting all the apps back, it's making sure every app is signed in; all the widitsoids are back where they are, and all EVERYTHING is where it should be & working...

I'm actually taking a ton of actual screen-shots, so that I can get an actual image of what my device should look like...

All that work, I figure should take an entire weekend to get back to...

What are some of your suggestion for users like us?

I work and live in the Los Angles/Orange County area, would like to see if some of us A/C members can meet up and hold a Jelly Bean Flashing Get-Together...

We can use my work conference room; if some of you "power-users" would like to join us, so we can get back to speed ASAP..!

Pizza will be on ME <--- thanks guys!

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a good and genrous idea. I would come but I'm from Montana so I won't be going but I recommend anyone in that area who either knows and show people what to do or anyone who wants to learn how to show up. You could also do some sort of Google+ hangout.

Reactions: Droidintorrance

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
alright.. fellas; thanks for the PMs; I am going to have a power-user friend come help us. He is running VZ, Jelly Bean; and he should be able to show us his unit before we decide to take the plunge...

I don't need anyone rooting it for me, just someone to show me how to do it the first time and I should be able to flash another rom myself if I choose to later...

He will bring all equipment such as his laptop, so, all you need to bring is your phone...

I work in the City of Industry: 91748, that is like 20 minutes from Downtown LA...

We are working out Time & Day...

Please get the word out & PM me if you like to join; currently there are three of us; the conference room will fit about 5 comfortably; I will do a Costo pizza run, along with Ice Cream Sandwiches, Jelly Beans & Soda...

Cheers...

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
BTW, this isn't a bad idea at all. Good luck and post up in our rooting forum if you have any issues/questions. :)

I just got another suggestion...

I'm getting a lot of responses, here since a lot of you are not in the area...

I don't mind one of you power-users remote into my work computer, since I have Wugfresh all ready to go... I use Teamviewer or Crossloop...

Just walk some of us thru on the phone...

I've got a $10 Starbucks Card with your name on it... or Pay Pal all ready to go... ^_^

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got another suggestion...

I'm getting a lot of responses, here since a lot of you are not in the area...

I don't mind one of you power-users remote into my work computer, since I have Wugfresh all ready to go... I use Teamviewer or Crossloop...

Just walk some of us thru on the phone...

I've got a $10 Starbucks Card... or Pay Pal all ready to go... ^_^

Lol I have TeamViewer. I can do it without a card, but really, Wug's is so simple. Just setup the drivers (it has a button for it) then (1) unlock, then (2) root.

If you're on G+ you could setup a hangout. I'm available until whenever my fiancee gets back.

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol I have TeamViewer. I can do it without a card, but really, Wug's is so simple. Just setup the drivers (it has a button for it) then (1) unlock, then (2) root.

If you're on G+ you could setup a hangout. I'm available until whenever my fiancee gets back.

thanks.. D, this is why I'm Android... I will PM you when I'm ready to rock & roll..!

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
D.. thanks for everything today... I deactivated 2-step on my home computer so I got rom manager downloaded..

I'm still trying to DL jelly belly 2.2 but the site is still bogged down.. any other mirror sites?

Now.. once I got the rom onto the root drive..

I boot into recovery.. I'm reading a lot about doing another wipe? And cleaning out all the cache right? B4 flashing zip file right?

Can't wait to run JB & pass on the favor to another member rooting..

Gotta run.. and put my kid to sleep... let's hope I don't miss any other work.. hahaha.. what a high!

Hold all my calls.. I'm screwing with my phone boss!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
2.4 was just released, so you should flash that. Same procedure. Follow my instructions in the guide :).

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It's in my guide, first post. Just go to the info box and all will be revealed :). There are numerous mirrors up as well.

D.. ok finally got a good mirror working...

now when you say:

"Wipe CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE.

Create a BACKUP/NANDROID of your current rom

Wipe the phone completely--data, cache, dalvik, and system"

which choice is it?

2) Wipe data/factory reset

3) do this.. wipe cache

4) and do a back up & restore right?

IMG_20120706_204738.jpg

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
1)Backup and restore/backup and it will go through the process it might take about 10 min depending on how much data you have to backup...do this first!!!

2) Now you want to choose wipe data/factory reset then wipe cache partition although it does it when you wipe data but I always do it twice.

3) you will go into advanced to wipe dalvik cache

4) Then install zip from sd card/ choose zip flash ROM then immediately following flash Gapps.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
D.. ok finally got a good mirror working...

now when you say:

"Wipe CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE.

Create a BACKUP/NANDROID of your current rom

Wipe the phone completely--data, cache, dalvik, and system"

which choice is it?

2) Wipe data/factory reset

3) do this.. wipe cache

4) and do a back up & restore right?

Click to view quoted image

Follow the steps in order. You want to wipe cache and dalvik before you make a nandroid/backup. Then you make your backup in backup/restore.

Then you wipe DATA (hell, wipe it twice), then you wipe CACHE (for good measure), then you wipe DALVIK (under advance, then you FORMAT SYSTEM (under mounts/storage).

THEN you flash the rom. Then you flash the GAPPs file. Then you reboot sytem :).

wdfalco

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
back up first before doing any thing
1-wipe data factory reset
2-go advance
3-wipe dalvic cache
4-go back
5-hit install rom from sd card
6-pick the file you want to flash
7-when is done the installation go back and reboot

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
back up first before doing any thing
1-wipe data factory reset
2-go advance
3-wipe dalvic cache
4-go back
5-hit install rom from sd card
6-pick the file you want to flash
7-when is done the installation go back and reboot

Be sure to add format system in there. It must be wiped on a rom as experimental as these.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams