Unlocking bootloader

eugduk757

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Im looking to unlock my bootloader on my phone if i do that will i get the 4.1 update or do i have to root my phone to get it i now its a noob thing to ask but its been on my mind all day at work

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You will get OTAs still if you unlock/root, so long as you don't alter the system or remove any system apps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
ok cool but how will i get 4.1 do i have to put a ROM on my phone or will i get a OTAU

You can wait for the OTA or flash a ROM.. If you want to flash I suggest waiting a bit until source-built ROMs are available. The current batch are ported ROMs which I would not recommend for a person without experience, lol. :)

eugduk757

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
You can wait for the OTA or flash a ROM.. If you want to flash I suggest waiting a bit until source-built ROMs are available. The current batch are ported ROMs which I would not recommend for a person without experience, lol. :)

Ok....but if i was looking to put a ROM on what ROM would be a good on that is stock

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Go jelly belly :)

If you have any questions, we have a great ongoing discussion in the thread 2def mentioned.

Sent from Oliver, Lord of Time and Space and All Things Gelatinous

Reactions: Xanth269

eugduk757

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I did it last night unlocked my bootloader and I'm thinking about rooting my phone.... But I'm afraid of breaking my phone lol but one good thing came out of it my baby brother is getting the GSM G-Nex and he's a I-phone fanboy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol