[GUIDE][Ubuntu] Compiling Android from Source

mechapathy

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone got Google Wallet working? I have it installed, but it keeps getting stuck when adding cards. NFC is working in my build, btw.

cphelps76

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
i've read through this entire thread and i'm wondering....how do i differentiate which repository to download to build?...specifically i'm looking for the sts dev team's kexec jb aokp for the droid razr but i'm absolutely lost as to how to tell my lappy to download the source

mjs1015

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
i've read through this entire thread and i'm wondering....how do i differentiate which repository to download to build?...specifically i'm looking for the sts dev team's kexec jb aokp for the droid razr but i'm absolutely lost as to how to tell my lappy to download the source

You have to figure out what their "repo init" is(ask one of the devs) and then repo sync.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

You have to figure out what their "repo init" is(ask one of the devs) and then repo sync.

That ^. Most devs will have it freely available. If not, just ask.

remoteconcern

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody tried to build a 4.1.1_r6 yet?

Mine compliles etc correctly, but I can't get the camera to work for the life of me. I really don't get what I'm doing wrong, given that my 4.1.1_r4 build works perfectly. I have included all the binaries.

Essentially, the logcat says there is a nullpointerexception in a few lines of Camera.java, but I don't know how to fix them, given I'm not a dev!

cowsquad

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't lunch full_toro- user debug. I get N error that the product is not in some file.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mjs1015

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't lunch full_toro- user debug. I get N error that the product is not in some file.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Try re-syncing clean. Also running repo sync -f helps me out when I get errors.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Do I have to sync the master branch in order to get galaxy's nexus toro device tree?

tapatalked? from cowsquadGnex?

No, you shouldn't have to. Although I have not synced in a while. I'm going to sync r6 this weekend and I'll get back to you.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

cowsquad

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
What KIND of PC's spec. do we need to compile ICS.
I have a dual core 1.2 laptop with 4gb of ram. But my computer freezes in the middle of the building process.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
What KIND of PC's spec. do we need to compile ICS.
I have a dual core 1.2 laptop with 4gb of ram. But my computer freezes in the middle of the building process.

In my experiences, that's at the low end of what you need (meaning your machine will really struggle).

cowsquad

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
In my experiences, that's at the low end of what you need (meaning your machine will really struggle).
Well my computer did not take so long, it took like 1.5 hours. but now I am getting this
make: *** No rule to make target `otapackage'. Stop.
any idea?

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Excellent tutorial man! So neatly presented! I'm a complete noob but I think I can build something from it but i'm not sure where can I get the jb sources for my device (xperia mini st15i) and I'm confused about what are the commands i should use to compile a jb rom specifically for my device. I've been googling it for more than two weeks with no luck . I hope you people can help me! Thanks!

p.s: I actually registered in this forum to comment on this thread :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Excellent tutorial man! So neatly presented! I'm a complete noob but I think I can build something from it but i'm not sure where can I get the jb sources for my device (xperia mini st15i) and I'm confused about what are the commands i should use to compile a jb rom specifically for my device. I've been googling it for more than two weeks with no luck . I hope you people can help me! Thanks!

p.s: I actually registered in this forum to comment on this thread :)

Let me revisit this after work. That ok?

And I appreciate it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

chriv

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] Compiling Android from Source for the Galaxy Nexus

I'm having only one problem with this guide. The current AOSP source code is for 4.1.2 (JZO54K). I want to build 4.1.1 (specifically JRO03C). I selected "full_toro-user" with the lunch menu (which is the build type that I want), but how do I tell the build environment that I want to build from the 4.1.1_r1 tag? I've googled this with no luck (I guess I'm using the wrong search terms).

chriv

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

I hope that you aren't typing the spaces (above). It should be full_toro-userdebug (no spaces). Also, make sure you haven't changed the value of PRODUCT_NAME := full_toro in device/samsung/toro/full_toro.mk. I got the same error when I changed the value on that line to "Galaxy Nexus" instead of "full_toro".

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having only one problem with this guide. The current AOSP source code is for 4.1.2 (JZO54K). I want to build 4.1.1 (specifically JRO03C). I selected "full_toro-user" with the lunch menu (which is the build type that I want), but how do I tell the build environment that I want to build from the 4.1.1_r1 tag? I've googled this with no luck (I guess I'm using the wrong search terms).

When's the last time you synced with source?

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone create a zip for the files extracted? I dont have this device, but I'm interested in getting ProjectPanda ported over here! :) Thanks much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke