Scared to try Google Wallet on my newly rooted Bugless Beast

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much. I'm not all that butt hurt about it because there are practically no stores in my area that I could use wallet at. Plus I dont go anywhere without my actual wallet.

I just liked google wallet because it made the mcDonalds employees get those Googley Eyes when I made their register beep with my phone."ZOMGzorrz Whats did u dOoo00oo!?" Lol. Priceless.

Lol same, cool trick to show off but really no practical need for it.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Not so fast there speedy. This is indeed fact. There was a big stink about it not too long ago....

http://phandroid.com/2012/05/28/android-alert-enjoy-using-google-wallet-a-factory-reset-could-break-it-forever/

Step it up slowpoke... It is not a fact. Using Google Wallet on an unlocked or rooted device does not make the NFC chip unusable.

What you're referring to is shows how Factory Resetting a device kills the ability to use Google Wallet if you didn't reset your wallet settings beforehand. Additionally, if you didn't reset your settings before performing the Factory Reset, it doesn't kill the NFC chip itself, it just borks Google Wallet.

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I tried using Google Wallet today at a McD's and it said I didn't have any cards.... running Bugless 7/19 nightly. Never had it before so my Secure Element is fine.

Screenshot:

a6f8033e-7258-8cf8.jpg

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

thebourbonnflip

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried using Google Wallet today at a McD's and it said I didn't have any cards.... running Bugless 7/19 nightly. Never had it before so my Secure Element is fine.

Screenshot:

Click to view quoted image

Well, from the looks of it, your card is disabled...which you could of hit that button which usually says "Default Card" on the card you use. So....Enable it and you should be fine.

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I figured that might've been the problem. That button is fairly ambiguous....

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
No this bad...you should absolutely not flash wallet. Install it from market or an apk, never ever flash it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Alridey then, the link is for a Google Wallet apk that you can install, not flash, (my bad).

TapAtalK Sent!

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone try out the new Google Wallet update on their Bugless? Did it work with an added non-Citi card?

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
How embarrassing.. to have a line of people behind you.. all waiting to get their cheese burger on.. and the phone doesn't work.. I has plenty if tmes where I chicken out of using my g wallet just cause the Iines were huge hungry dudes...

Great.. with the new cards being able to be added.. more snail mail letters welcoming you to waller.. swear I get a letter almost every week.. of all the times I side load wallet..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
How embarrassing.. to have a line of people behind you.. all waiting to get their cheese burger on.. and the phone doesn't work.. I has plenty if tmes where I chicken out of using my g wallet just cause the Iines were huge hungry dudes...

Great.. with the new cards being able to be added.. more snail mail letters welcoming you to waller.. swear I get a letter almost every week.. of all the times I side load wallet..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I've used it 3 times so far at McDonald's. Haven't had an issue so far. Much faster than paying cash as long as it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC