Phone won't activate after Root/Rom

ejfiii

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Just completed my first root and rom update to get JB runnning on my new GNEX. Of course I didn't activate it first and now it will not activate. I spent 90 minutes with Verizon tech support with no luck. It just spins on the activation page.

Should I have activated it when stock first or is there something else going on? We are a business account so the tech guy was pretty knowledgable and thorough. I'm going to keep trying.

Does anyone know if you can't activate a rooted phone?

Thanks.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just completed my first root and rom update to get JB runnning on my new GNEX. Of course I didn't activate it first and now it will not activate. I spent 90 minutes with Verizon tech support with no luck. It just spins on the activation page.

Should I have activated it when stock first or is there something else going on? We are a business account so the tech guy was pretty knowledgable and thorough. I'm going to keep trying.

Does anyone know if you can't activate a rooted phone?

Thanks.

Not gonna lie, I have no idea what the 100% correct answer, but I presume you should have activated it beforehand. Does that mean you're in an impossible predicament? No. At worst you'll need to take it back to stock and start over again, at best there might be a way around it.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Not gonna lie, I have no idea what the 100% correct answer, but I presume you should have activated it beforehand. Does that mean you're in an impossible predicament? No. At worst you'll need to take it back to stock and start over again, at best there might be a way around it.

I would try this. If it doesn't leave it stock and get it looked at at a corp store, or replaced.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney