ClockworkMod 6.0.0.1 Update (Recovery and Touch Recovery)

ekinnyc

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You still use a non touch recovery? Shame on you :p

haha, i like making my life difficult... i remember seeing some ppl having issues flashing with CWRT, especially the early JB ports... so i never got around to it

so yeah, im still confused - when i reboot system out of recovery now it asks if ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. fix? as mentioned before.... but when i hit "Go Back" it reboots.... weird

link to the CWRT fastboot file?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there any good reason not to use the ROM Manager app on my phone to install it? Coming from 5.5.0.4, I mean?

Fastboot is how the pro's do it, you want to be a pro dontcha? ;)

haha, i like making my life difficult... i remember seeing some ppl having issues flashing with CWRT, especially the early JB ports... so i never got around to it

so yeah, im still confused - when i reboot system out of recovery now it asks if ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. fix? as mentioned before.... but when i hit "Go Back" it reboots.... weird

link to the CWRT fastboot file?

Weird, as I've said I much prefer TWRP. Their new version from last week or so, 2.2.0 I believe, is great. I can't go back to CWR.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Fastboot is how the pro's do it, you want to be a pro dontcha? ;)

Weird, as I've said I much prefer TWRP. Their new version from last week or so, 2.2.0 I believe, is great. I can't go back to CWR.

What's fastboot?

Sent From My Brain To Yours

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What's fastboot?

Fastboot is how your computer talks to your phone when it's in bootloader mode. You can use fastboot to push and write recoveries, kernels, and do an entire system restore using the factory images, among other things. It's the same way we use adb to talk to the phone when it's booted up so can enter commands from the computer. Adb is to android as fastboot is to bootloader.

Or were you asking just to see how much it would irritate me? (answer: a little) :) jk

ekinnyc

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
just flashed CWRtouch... why didnt i do this before!!

question... when i go into Rom Manager, it still says that Current Recovery is ClockworkMod 6.0.0.5, ClockworkMod Touch is available... but i already have touch..

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Fastboot is how your computer talks to your phone when it's in bootloader mode. You can use fastboot to push and write recoveries, kernels, and do an entire system restore using the factory images, among other things. It's the same way we use adb to talk to the phone when it's booted up so can enter commands from the computer. Adb is to android as fastboot is to bootloader.

Or were you asking just to see how much it would irritate me? (answer: a little) :) jk

Lol I would have to know you better to irritate you. Thank you for that explanation though :) Now I gotta ask why use fastboot when it's quicker to use your phone all ready to flash it?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol I would have to know you better to irritate you. Thank you for that explanation though :) Now I gotta ask why use fastboot when it's quicker to use your phone all ready to flash it?

Because apps like ROM Manager fail all the time, and knowing how to use your recovery, use adb, and use fastboot are basic skills all flashers, especially those using a nexus, should have.

Not saying you need to become an expert overnight, but I highly recommend reading up on some of the stickies that explain how to setup and use fastboot. It will give you more options, make you more confident, teach you what you are doing to your phone all this time, and probably save you sooner or later when you have to use it for something :)

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
just flashed CWRtouch... why didnt i do this before!!

question... when i go into Rom Manager, it still says that Current Recovery is ClockworkMod 6.0.0.5, ClockworkMod Touch is available... but i already have touch..

Make sure in ROM manager that you hit flash touch cwm at the bottom. Once you do, it will update accordingly and will be installed. ROM manager will say cwm, because it still is cwm, but as long as you don't hit flash CWM at the top of the page, it will stay in touch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I did a backup with 6.0.0.5 and it seemed to take longer than 5.8.0.2. Maybe just me.

Haven't flashed twrp on here yet (it's on my Kindle though), but the only reason I hadn't before was because all my backups were with cwm, and I didn't want to flash different recoveries to match up with backups... but since I accidentally deleted all my backups, I guess it's twrp time :D

*customized tapatalk signature*

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Make sure in ROM manager that you hit flash touch cwm at the bottom. Once you do, it will update accordingly and will be installed. ROM manager will say cwm, because it still is cwm, but as long as you don't hit flash CWM at the top of the page, it will stay in touch.

See... that's more confusing than just fastbooting it.

Listen to 2def peeps, he's an advisor... allow the advice, lol

Fastbooting is definitely easier. You can even just ctrl+shft+right click to open a command window from platform tools where your fastboot.exe is, and as long as you have your recovery you want to flash in there too, you just type fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.0.5-toro.img

The end. Reboot into your new recovery.

You don't have to setup path variables or anything. Try it, you'll like it. I'd rather donate the $1.99 than pay RM to flash it for me.

Not directed at you 7, just took the opportunity for a general comment because I'm slightly drunk :eek: :p :D

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
See... that's more confusing than just fastbooting it.

Listen to 2def peeps, he's an advisor... allow the advice, lol

Fastbooting is definitely easier. You can even just ctrl+shft+right click to open a command window from platform tools where your fastboot.exe is, and as long as you have your recovery you want to flash in there too, you just type fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.0.5-toro.img

The end. Reboot into your new recovery.

You don't have to setup path variables or anything. Try it, you'll like it. I'd rather donate the $1.99 than pay RM to flash it for me.

Not directed at you 7, just took the opportunity for a general comment because I'm slightly drunk :eek: :p :D

No worries, Oxy. I've used both methods and was simply guiding using a typically consistent and mobile way. If one isn't near a computer, ROM manager works 99% of the time.

I agree, though; fastboot is good to know for general and safe practice!

Reactions: oxymoron

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol... right, no intention of bashing on Koush's work, he's like the father of custom recoveries and has done a ton for android, not to mention offers all his recoveries free on his site and does a lot of work for free for the community. Donating to him is a great thing.. I just hate the ROM Manager app and don't recommend people use it at all.. or if you have to, to at least learn how to do things using adb/fastboot commands or through recovery.

Think of it as using cruise control on your car, there's nothing wrong with it, but if it fails all of a sudden you'd better know how to drive!

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
No worries, Oxy. I've used both methods and was simply guiding using a typically consistent and mobile way. If one isn't near a computer, ROM manager works 99% of the time.

I agree, though; fastboot is good to know for general and safe practice!

For sure brother! I used to use RM. I had some weird ish happen flashing a recovery through it, then had corrupted backups. Not that it's a big deal to start over and flash stock, but not when it's unexpected. It's like ordering a coke, and when you take a drink it's Dr. Pepper... nothing wrong with it, just not what I was in the mood for, lol.

Wow. Intoxicated. I'm such a light weight! I blame it on my salad lunch and drinking 7 beers before eating dinner.

*buuuuurrrrp*

Reactions: 7stringer

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
While were on the subject on CIockwork, I have a question about it.

Is there a way when manually booting into recovery (vol +/- pwr) to keep from going into Clockwork recovery, without removing the app?

Thanks in advance for the tolerance toward by seemingly noob ?s.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
What, like into Odin? You just hold volume down+power for that. Not sure I completely understood your question though.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just did an update to it so I could make a new Nandroid as I am upgrading to Milestone 6 tonight for AOKP (waiting for the first AOKP build of JB before I move on to the new hotness, although loved my brief taste when I tested out Vicious JB V3). Must say that the new CWM is MUCH FASTER! Gonna make our lives easier :) Koush is the man! An Android god no doubt!