ClockworkMod 6.0.0.1 Update (Recovery and Touch Recovery)

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
There is a new Clockworkmod Recovery and Clockworkmod Touch Recovery now available, version 6.0.01 at ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries for the Nexus line only, right now.

ClockworkMod 6 brings several enhancements that are sure to please users and ease the recovery experience. Among these are a new backup format that allows for incremental backups by "deduplicating" data between backups, a backup speed boost, a fix for restores over 2GB, and some minor UI tweaks.

I flashed both, via ROM Manager, under CM9 0716 and Lean kernel, no issues so far.

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, glad to hear it. The posts on his G+ page were...less than effusive. I may try it out sooner than later :).

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Jus installed. Was expecting to install with fastboot, but tried doing it with rm first. Installed fine and didn't charge me.
They changed the background to grey which I don't care for. Then I did a nandroid backup. I'd say it finished in about half the time. Very cool.
I prefer cwm over twrp.

Typed with my thumbs using Tapatalk2 (;))

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Jus installed. Was expecting to install with fastboot, but tried doing it with rm first. Installed fine and didn't charge me.
They changed the background to grey which I don't care for. Then I did a nandroid backup. I'd say it finished in about half the time. Very cool.
I prefer cwm over twrp.

Typed with my thumbs using Tapatalk2 (;))

I agree, I prefer the black background over the grey.

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Touch CWM 6.0.0.4, too. Just hit "flash clockwordmod touch" and it auto-updated. No fastboot needed.

Did a nandroid and, like Davey, it was about 2 times faster.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I refuse to flash it via RM, lol... looks like I'm setting up fasboot on my girlfriend's computer. Shhh.

*customized tapatalk signature*

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen the screen that says "ROM can flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?" what should I do, disable recovery flash?

Are you stock? That will allow stock recovery overwirte, so you have to reflash cwm every time you need recovery on stock, I assume.
i would disable that if you want to keep cwm without any hassle - yup.

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it out... speed was on par with TWRP (making one backup, I did read how future backups are supposed to be much faster because of the blob implementation..) but TWRP still has a nicer interface and more useful features. Sticking with it :)

ekinnyc

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
looks like they fixed the sensitivity to the volume keys, and each press moves the selection down one line instead of scrolling... well played

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
When I go to the link in the op and try to dl toro it sends me to a page filled with gibberish. No file to download. WTH?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
looks like they fixed the sensitivity to the volume keys, and each press moves the selection down one line instead of scrolling... well played

You still use a non touch recovery? Shame on you :p

When I go to the link in the op and try to dl toro it sends me to a page filled with gibberish. No file to download. WTH?

Just get it from clockworkmod.com, click rom manager on top, will take you to a list of all devices and recoveries. Download the image and fastboot it :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there any good reason not to use the ROM Manager app on my phone to install it? Coming from 5.5.0.4, I mean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37