Phone stuck at boot ani?Non-bootable Nandroid saves the day

scubamike

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My battery died and my phone was stuck at the AOKP boot animation for 30 minutes plus when I plugged it in and fired it up. I did battery pull, wipe Dalvik and cache. No success. I needed to get my check book and DueToday tasks off of my phone, but I had no way to do it. I did a Nandroid, complete wipe and attempted to restore the Nandroid. Obviously there was no success. It was still non-bootable. I did another complete wipe and jumped from AOKP 40/Franco 169 to AOKP M6/Franco 196. I then downloaded Nandroid Browser from the Play Store for free and browsed the failed Nandroid backup. After some tedious searching I was able to pull my task file and check book file from the Nandroid. I used Root Explorer by JRummey to slip the recovered files into the correct folders in the fresh install and everything is good again! I thought I had lost that crucial data, but all is good. If your phone doesn't boot, don't despair. Non-bootable or not, do a Nandroid, do a fresh install, browse the Nandroid and rescue your data.

I hope this helps fellow newbies. If any experts have a smoother way to accomplish this please share.

Reactions: 2defmouze

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My battery died and my phone was stuck at the AOKP boot animation for 30 minutes plus when I plugged it in and fired it up. I did battery pull, wipe Dalvik and cache. No success. I needed to get my check book and DueToday tasks off of my phone, but I had no way to do it. I did a Nandroid, complete wipe and attempted to restore the Nandroid. Obviously there was no success. It was still non-bootable. I did another complete wipe and jumped from AOKP 40/Franco 169 to AOKP M6/Franco 196. I then downloaded Nandroid Browser from the Play Store for free and browsed the failed Nandroid backup. After some tedious searching I was able to pull my task file and check book file from the Nandroid. I used Root Explorer by JRummey to slip the recovered files into the correct folders in the fresh install and everything is good again! I thought I had lost that crucial data, but all is good. If your phone doesn't boot, don't despair. Non-bootable or not, do a Nandroid, do a fresh install, browse the Nandroid and rescue your data.

I hope this helps fellow newbies. If any experts have a smoother way to accomplish this please share.

Nicely done! Always good to keep cool and not panic.. this phone can always be fixed. Really great that you were able to save that data you needed as well. Thanks for posting the tip for others to see! :)

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Ingenuity. Very nice.

Also, your screen name reminds me of big daddy... except that was scuba steve.
Anyway, nice one. Glad you sorted that and shared your experience. I'm sure someone will benefit from reading this.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie