CWM vs. TWRP

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I switched to TWRP just after i switched to jellybean. Have not looked back. The UI is much easier to use, seems to back up fast after turning off MD5. Can name backups on the fly. No problems to report so far. Highly recommended.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I switched I could no longer take staring at the small text and then trying to scroll with the volume buttons, the old eyes are not what they use to be, lol. the touch screen and easy to read fonts make this a nicer option IMHO.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I switched to TWRP a week ago after tring the newest CWM release. Cant believe what I was missing. Much better UI, and I love the fact that you can queue different zip installations. At first I was skeptical of the queuing feature, but it's worked great three times now, so I'm a fan.

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of being able to queue multiple zips, I also like that feature for the rom and gapps. However, I was in the habit of flashing a rom and re-wiping cache and davlik before flashing gapps. Is that unnecessary?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So I am hooked on TWRP, is there a clean way to remove CWM completely from the phone, do I just goto settings-app- and than uninstall.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So I've been using ROM Manager and CWM Touch, currently on the latest BB ROM. Can I just uninstall ROM Manager and install Goo and flash TWRP and be good to go for future backups and flashing, or do I need to do something else to make the transition safe?

wassct

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So I've been using ROM Manager and CWM Touch, currently on the latest BB ROM. Can I just uninstall ROM Manager and install Goo and flash TWRP and be good to go for future backups and flashing, or do I need to do something else to make the transition safe?

You will be good to go but just be aware you won't be able to restore any old backups that you made with ROM manager without ROM manager installed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
can we install TWRP to a "new" phone for flashing? Wife got a new GNx, I want to wait a few days to make sure the phone is not a flake before I root and unlock.
so when I read the instruction to unlock and root, where it says to install ROM manger am I ok to just install TWRP?
I also might be looking for some help its been awhile since I did the basics, will use WUGS but always like to now someone is out there to help.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
can we install TWRP to a "new" phone for flashing? Wife got a new GNx, I want to wait a few days to make sure the phone is not a flake before I root and unlock.
so when I read the instruction to unlock and root, where it says to install ROM manger am I ok to just install TWRP?
I also might be looking for some help its been awhile since I did the basics, will use WUGS but always like to now someone is out there to help.

You certainly can. And you don't need wugs BTW... it's easy enough to just do it manually... which you should know how to do in the event of a mishap.

Once your drivers are setup on your computer (they probably already are since you used wugs last time) all you need to do are a couple fastboot commands, some adb commands, and a few reboots.

The entire process literally takes less than ten minutes.

If that interests you, we can continue... although I'm at work right now and may not be able to follow up in a timely manner, lol

Reactions: Xanth269

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You certainly can. And you don't need wugs BTW... it's easy enough to just do it manually... which you should know how to do in the event of a mishap.

Once your drivers are setup on your computer (they probably already are since you used wugs last time) all you need to do are a couple fastboot commands, some adb commands, and a few reboots.

The entire process literally takes less than ten minutes.

If that interests you, we can continue... although I'm at work right now and may not be able to follow up in a timely manner, lol

I'll take you up on the offer, maybe we can schedule some time to do this, would like to know how to do this manually. Especially since its the wifes phone and if I screw it up , well you know the rest... lol!