CWM vs. TWRP

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol since I joined here I stopped googling. But thank you....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Lol Nah I didn't mean it in a rude way, just I've always learned the answers to most questions and how to do stuff by good old fashioned Googling :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: CA1NE and oxymoron

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Lol Nah I didn't mean it in a rude way, just I've always learned the answers to most questions and how to do stuff by good old fashioned Googling :)

Strange thing happens when I Google about nexus/hacking.....I end up in android central lol I love you guys (no homo).....(maybe a little)

whthotg8

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Can someone comment on if it is worth the $6 for ROM manager premium for updating rom? Or is it easier to do it manually? Also, do I need to wipe all data and clear All cache before updating to newer version?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Can someone comment on if it is worth the $6 for ROM manager premium for updating rom? Or is it easier to do it manually? Also, do I need to wipe all data and clear All cache before updating to newer version?

Its absolutely NOT worth it. Do things manually in recovery, its something you should get comfortable with :)

Updating to a new version of the same ROM you can sometimes to a dirty flash = wipe caches and wipe system. If you run into bugs or issues you probably need to do a full wipe, as in wipe data/factory reset as well.

Reactions: dmmarck and CA1NE

whthotg8

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response and information. I will do it manually. Prob just do a full reset just in case.

pmcd1962

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
How do I uninstall ROM manager? When I select it from my app drawer the only option is "app info"

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
How do I uninstall ROM manager? When I select it from my app drawer the only option is "app info"

Sounds like you're on CM10 which installs it as a system app. You can either use something like Root Explorer to just delete it from /system/app... or you can use Tibu to uninstall it.

I mean you don't have to stress it.. you can leave it installed even if you're not using it, won't hurt anything. I absolutely hate that CM installs it automatically. Hate having that app on my phone :)

stkiswr

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Twrp all the way! Love how useful the features are. Have had 0 issues restoring jelly bean backups. Flashing any roms or mods w 0 problems. Very happy.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm a big fan of TWRP!

It's easy to navigate and has been running smoothly for me ever since I installed it on my phone.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Lot's of good info here. Thanks to everyone who contributed. I'm a new rooted (rooted and flashed for the first time 2 or 3 weeks ago. I had planned to use CWM because I just heard it discussed a lot more than TWRP, but I ended up using TWRP because the dev of the specific ROM I wanted to flash recommended TWRP with that ROM, so I've never used CWM. I have been very happy with TWPR. It's really easy.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it's not installed as a system app. If that's the case, use Root Explorer and go get it manually :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad