[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I renamed it in my folder just to avoid confusion lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I renamed it in my folder just to avoid confusion lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Build 3 is flying for me, any new changes in 4 worth noting?

Probably going to stay with this until some key features i use all the time get added.

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Build 3 is flying for me, any new changes in 4 worth noting?

Probably going to stay with this until some key features i use all the time get added.
From the OP (Stevespear426) that posted it on RootzWiki, the changelog for Preview 4 is: Fixed su, volume panel, custom navbar, and notification counter.

What are some of the features that you're waiting on? I'm trying to decide when to jump ship from ICS :)

Also, if I dirty flash from preview to preview, does Google Now lose what it has learned (like which sports team you follow, etc)? Or is that information stored on the server side?

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
From the OP (Stevespear426) that posted it on RootzWiki, the changelog for Preview 4 is: Fixed su, volume panel, custom navbar, and notification counter.

What are some of the features that you're waiting on? I'm trying to decide when to jump ship from ICS :)

Also, if I dirty flash from preview to preview, does Google Now lose what it has learned (like which sports team you follow, etc)? Or is that information stored on the server side?

Track switching on the volume keys, More lock screen options, Would love to have the widgets in the nav bar again as well.

The ROM is solid, but features are still coming along. If you decide to wait, id wait till AOKP hits nightlies. Should be feature rich by then i bet.

As far as google now, i have not dirty flashed JB yet, so im not sure. I do however notice it remembers major locations (Home, work) without me telling it, so some information has to be kept server side.

Reactions: Canuckfan

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It is good to be back on AOKP. Flashed preview 3 earlier today and running great so far. Guess I'll have to flash preview 4 tomorrow. :)

Sent from my Jelly Bean-equipped Galaxy Nexus

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just did aokp p3, Its really good especially when you slap the cobalt theme on it.

Slightly less features than skank but I can live with it. Nice daily driver. :)

msaly

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
The binary and apk didn't match up, caused issues. I went in and removed SU from my system/app, updated the binary in SuperSU, and all's good.

I did the opposite. Is there a reason to stick with SuperSu over SU?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed P4, watching all my apps install automatically...got me some center clock and circleMOD battery. hehehehehehehe...me so happy! :D

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Is that an AOKP thing?

I'm actually not sure if it is strictly an AOKP thing, someone else I'm sure can enlighten us! I just know I got so used to it at some point, I forgot how nice it is not having to manually install everything, or use Titanium Backup (I hate TiBu).

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
'Cause I have a BUNCH of apps I've used in the past that I wouldn't want to download ever again, but show up in my unused playstore list. haha

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
'Cause I have a BUNCH of apps I've used in the past that I wouldn't want to download ever again, but show up in my unused playstore list. haha

It only restores whatever you had before you flashed a new ROM, if I understand how it works correctly. You can also stop the auto-restore, and handle loading your apps however you prefer. If you are thinking of flashing AOKP, go for it, its definitely sweet.

msaly

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
It only restores whatever you had before you flashed a new ROM, if I understand how it works correctly. You can also stop the auto-restore, and handle loading your apps however you prefer. If you are thinking of flashing AOKP, go for it, its definitely sweet.

Is it faster to auto restore (when it works) and just restore app data through TiBu or mybackup pro, or stop the auto restore and restore app data + apks through TiBu /mybackup pro?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Is it faster to auto restore (when it works) and just restore app data through TiBu or mybackup pro, or stop the auto restore and restore app data + apks through TiBu /mybackup pro?

My vote would be auto restore and just restore app data through TiBu or mybackup pro. But I don't use TiBu anymore so I am not the best person to answer this one.

The auto restore moves pretty darn quick though. Loaded my 38 apps in just a couple/few minutes.

Reactions: msaly

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I find TiBu to be much quicker than auto-restore. In my guide I outlined the method I use. Haven't used auto restore since my bionic days, lol.

Reactions: msaly and lpt2569

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power