[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

brianr8011

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Does this ROM currently allow you to break ringer and notification volumes up like they used to be? I know AOKP ICS ROMS do, my current JB ROM does not and that is one setting that I really miss.

I'm on call for work. I need the volume for texts to be high in case of a job failure, but don't need the ringer to be on at all...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Does this ROM currently allow you to break ringer and notification volumes up like they used to be? I know AOKP ICS ROMS do, my current JB ROM does not and that is one setting that I really miss.

I'm on call for work. I need the volume for texts to be high in case of a job failure, but don't need the ringer to be on at all...

No, right now those two are linked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running Vicious Jelly Bean. Can I expect a smooth transition to AOKP? Do I use Titanium Backup to restore all my apps (so that I don't have to re-download everything)? Do I still unzip gapps?

Thanks in advance!

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running Vicious Jelly Bean. Can I expect a smooth transition to AOKP? Do I use Titanium Backup to restore all my apps (so that I don't have to re-download everything)? Do I still unzip gapps?

Thanks in advance!

Everyone here will (wisely) tell you to do a clean wipe of your phone before flashing a new ROM. Especially going from one developer's ROM to another's, I'd highly recommend wiping everything and restoring with Titanium Backup. And yes, install AOKP's latest gapps.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks DDMarck I found the link, but work got in the way today and I am about to pass out from studying for my architecture exams. Been putting them off for a LONG time lol.

Once things settle down and we have nightlies and not previews I can keep track better. I feel like you have to look all over the web instead of just links from their site at this point.

I am still on Preview 1 lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm on what appears to be preview 4. Posted by a member of AOKP named Steve Spear. It's in the thread.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Lol

Check the rootz thread, it's been updated with that build.