[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

EvanM3

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Everyone with M1, can they try the clock thing I described?

Go to Settings, then ROM Control, then Clock. Set "short press" (or whatever the hell the other option is that isn't long press), select "Alarms."

Go to the home screen, pull down the notification drawer, and tap the clock. Force close?

I tried it and I get nothing. On the other hand, long press for alarm works as it should. No force close though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings, then ROM Control, then Clock. Set "short press" (or whatever the hell the other option is that isn't long press), select "Alarms."

Go to the home screen, pull down the notification drawer, and tap the clock. Force close?
yes it happened to me earlier today

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Does it popup with the alarm? Hmmm...I may do long press and see what's what. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

Since it might not be happening to everyone, something to try would be seeing if the issue changes depending on whether or not you actually have alarms set/turned on.

EvanM3

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I set some alarms and then tried the short press. Still nothing. The alarms don't even open or anything. No force close.

Long pressing the clock does work like it should.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I set some alarms and then tried the short press. Still nothing. The alarms don't even open or anything. No force close.

Long pressing the clock does work like it should.

It's so weird. Works like a charm on the grouper. In the end, it's a minor issue, but still--was looking forward to not having to open the app drawer for my alarms :).

jmorosky

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried it and I get nothing. On the other hand, long press for alarm works as it should. No force close though

Short click FC'd for me the first time but has worked every other time I tried. But I also had alarms set for long click too.

Sent from my Island using my Smoke Monster

weasle543

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

It would force close until I set the short and long press to something different.

mraviator

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I was running MS1 for two days with no issues. Then I realized my Gmail emails weren't being pushed. Sure enough, sync was turned off. I can't say for sure this happened on its own, but has anyone experienced similar?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I was running MS1 for two days with no issues. Then I realized my Gmail emails weren't being pushed. Sure enough, sync was turned off. I can't say for sure this happened on its own, but has anyone experienced similar?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

90% sure that with the new GAPPs, which require Gmail to be downloaded separately, that sync needs to be tapped/selected.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
While not AOKP-related, I'm curious, is there anything in the franco kernel app that I should play around with in the settings that will boost performance/ battery life in any way?

Edit: I managed to dig up an old picture from dmmarck, and by matching the settings as closely as possible, it seems my battery is doing a lot better! This was his pic, just for reference:

62cc2c04-9c4e-c491.jpg

Last edited:

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Really? Hm. Its been working fine for me with "ondemand". Then again, I don't know what any of those settings actually mean/ do at all, so...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza