[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
There's really no need to wait for a milestone build. The euroskank AOKP kangs are my daily drivers. Totally stable. I have no issues at all.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree. Been loving steve spears aokp linaro builds (used a bunch of dizzy's and skanks regular aokp compiled builds too with great results). That said, I'm curious as to why there isn't more "official" builds across the board at this point. 4.2.x has been out for a while now.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree. Been loving steve spears aokp linaro builds (used a bunch of dizzy's and skanks regular aokp compiled builds too with great results). That said, I'm curious as to why there isn't more "official" builds across the board at this point. 4.2.x has been out for a while now.

My guess is because of the holiday times. People on vacation and doing other things than sitting at a computer all day. At least I hope that's why...

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried out both the DizzyThermal builds and the Euroskank builds? If so, is there any noticeable difference at all?

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried out both the DizzyThermal builds and the Euroskank builds? If so, is there any noticeable difference at all?

I've ran them both and noticed no real differences. I haven't run any of Euro's stuff for the past couple of weeks since I stumbled across SteveSpear's page on goo.im. I've been running his PUB builds and they are silky smooth. I have the latest Euro downloaded this morning and may try it out after I make a backup of my latest setup since I miss the pop-up messaging window that Euro has that AOKP doesn't seem to.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What gapps did you use?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Click the link, it tells you right there what gapps to use and a link is provided :)

99% of the time you should be using the latest official gapps on goo.im. You can always find them there, following the link mentioned before, and check here for info such as a changelog when there is a new version: Google Apps - RootzWiki

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I DL'd the file last night, made my backups, and will be flashing this later today. Just haven't had the extra 30 mins to set my phone up. It's been months since I've flashed...I KNOW, RIGHT?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Spent some time this morning flashing the new official build and getting my phone all set up again. Pretty happy to be back on "official" AOKP, instead of those DizzyThermal nightlies, though I don't immediately notice many differences. One thing I really dig, though (and this might always have been possible in AOKP, but it seemed to be the "default" when I flashed this new ROM) is the transparent navbar, and the option to adjust the transparency of the status bar, as well.

Still slightly annoyed they haven't got the ability to change lockscreen wallpaper in yet, though. I mean, not "annoyed" like really mad, it just doesn't seem like something that would be super difficult to implement, and it hasn't been in any of the DizzyThermal nightlies (which have been coming out for a while now), nor in this new official build.

KYHusker

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
So I updated TWRP Recovery, wiped dalvik/cache/system, then flashed AOKP 4.2.1, then the new gapps, then a tibu zip. Wiped dalvik/cache after each flash. Great. But instead of having to restore the tibu backups and nova settings, everything was in place just as I left it before the new ROM was flashed, as if I did a dirty flash.

OK less work but it seems like I did something wrong.

Any ideas ?

AOKP Backup thinks I am not on an AOKP ROM now btw.

uploadfromtaptalk1357277843752.jpg

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I updated TWRP Recovery, wiped dalvik/cache/system, then flashed AOKP 4.2.1, then the new gapps, then a tibu zip. Wiped dalvik/cache after each flash. Great. But instead of having to restore the tibu backups and nova settings, everything was in place just as I left it before the new ROM was flashed, as if I did a dirty flash.

OK less work but it seems like I did something wrong.

Any ideas ?

AOKP Backup thinks I am not on an AOKP ROM now btw.

If you didn't wipe data then you did a dirty flash, that's why all your apps are still there and settings. Also wiping cache/dalvik between flashing those items is redundant, you don't need to at all. Thirdly, I'm pretty sure Roman hasn't updated the AOKP backup app yet for the new builds, which would explain why it doesn't recognize the ROM.

mraviator

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Curious why TWRP seems to be the gold standard....

Guess I should look into switching over if everybody recommends it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KYHusker

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
If you didn't wipe data then you did a dirty flash, that's why all your apps are still there and settings. Also wiping cache/dalvik between flashing those items is redundant, you don't need to at all. Thirdly, I'm pretty sure Roman hasn't updated the AOKP backup app yet for the new builds, which would explain why it doesn't recognize the ROM.

So in TWRP wiping dalvik/cache/system doesn't wipe data? Does "factory wipe" = data wipe? Didn't want to empty the SD partition.

Maybe it has been too long since I flashed anything new. But thanks to AOKP for the new ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance