[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed an issue in which the stock keyboard no longer automatically corrects typing just "i" to the capital "I"? It used to correct to "I" for me when I was using the DizzyThermal 4.2 nightly builds, then at some point, it stopped correcting to the capitalized version. I did a full wipe when I flashed to the official AOKP MR1 release, and it still doesn't autocorrect to "I". Kind of annoying, especially considering I do a lot of typing on my phone.

MR1-Build 2 fixed this issue, for me at least

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
MR1-Build 2 fixed this issue, for me at least

Ah, thanks, I didn't even know a new build was out! The issue has been fixed for me, too! :D

But, after flashing this new build, I decided to take a peak at the "performance control" thing they added in the settings, and I accidentally touched something and threw off my performance settings a bit... I don't remember what they were before I touched anything, so I don't know how to reset them. :/ Anybody that's more savvy with that kind of thing that can suggest how I should have those settings adjusted? For what it's worth, my priority is battery life, so whatever is going to maximize my battery life, that's what I want.

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the stock Kernel, MRW? If not, just reflash whatever kernel you have (like Franco or something) and the stock settings for that kernel should populate. In general, I run interactive governer with stock 1228 speed.

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Interesting bug I found on mr1.2... guess that's what I get for dirty flashing from mr1.1:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358881072232.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358881072232.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 36

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock Kernel, MRW? If not, just reflash whatever kernel you have (like Franco or something) and the stock settings for that kernel should populate. In general, I run interactive governer with stock 1228 speed.

Ah, okay. I use Franco kernels (off topic, but anyone know why there hasn't been a new nightly since 361? Seems like they were coming out pretty regularly, but it feels like it's been a while), and I was able to get things back to normal just by resetting the power mode I had on via the Franco app.

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Battery pull fixed It for me(with a fresh battery). Although I didn't have any drain issues I just thought it was funny

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
What, exactly, is the bug? I don't understand just from seeing that screenshot. I dirty flashed from build 1 to build 2, and I haven't had any issues, though I never use bluetooth, so... Anyway, my battery life has seemed quite a bit better since flashing to build 2. I'm kind of impressed, unless that was just an unusual phenomenon yesterday.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
What, exactly, is the bug? I don't understand just from seeing that screenshot. I dirty flashed from build 1 to build 2, and I haven't had any issues, though I never use bluetooth, so... Anyway, my battery life has seemed quite a bit better since flashing to build 2. I'm kind of impressed, unless that was just an unusual phenomenon yesterday.

I don't use Bluetooth either but it still drained my battery..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
The bug is that my Bluetooth showed being on for 49 days or something when I had just flashed the ROM. No big deal as I said it cleared up with a simple battery pull. I just thought it was interesting/funny so I shared it with you all. Nothing more nothing less.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Since I've flashed this I've noticed my accounts such as Google and Dropbox won't automatically sync. I'm on the latest Leankernal. May be caused by dirty flashing so I'll do a clean install tonight. Not sure what else it could be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ah, okay. I use Franco kernels (off topic, but anyone know why there hasn't been a new nightly since 361? Seems like they were coming out pretty regularly, but it feels like it's been a while), and I was able to get things back to normal just by resetting the power mode I had on via the Franco app.

I think he moved on. He is actively developing for the n4.

Sent from my mako :)p)

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
ok so been away for awhile fro flashing... been happy with Milestone 1. So i downloaded the newest MR1- Build 2 and GApps 20121212.
what steps do I need to change, a clean wipe? I have newest TWRP so I guess i.e wipe data, cache, dalvik, system. thank flash rom and gapps. will I lose pictures, music files etc? just by reading i see it makes a 2nd partition and some people had issues finding there files.
Should I stick with the stock kernel? have been using Franco milestone 6. and lastly is there a big difference from 4.1 to 4.2?
Thanks all!

Skis X

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
as long as you're running the latest recovery, all you'll need to do is factory reset, wipe data/ dalvik, flash ROM and latest Gapps and you'll be all set. A lot of people are running lean kernel with great results, latest version is 5.8.1 if I'm not mistaken. all of your files will still be there. you can use titanium backup if it'll make you feel better or you can copy your data to your computer before hand. you'll definitely enjoy 4.2. hope that helps

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Since there apparently aren't going to be any more franco kernel updates, I'm finding myself wondering if I should switch to using leankernel. Though, I'm not really sure if it's that worth it at all. I can't imagine there are any major noticeable differences, right?