[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Clean Flash.

Using TWRP each time I have wiped cache, davik cache, factory reset and data.

One time I flashed and did not flash the gapps right away, I let the phone reboot and there was no error message. I went and flashed the gapps package and the error came back, so I'm guessing they are somewhat related. I didn't think the keyboard had anything to do with the gapps that were flashed

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Using TWRP each time I have wiped cache, davik cache, factory reset and data.

One time I flashed and did not flash the gapps right away, I let the phone reboot and there was no error message. I went and flashed the gapps package and the error came back, so I'm guessing they are somewhat related. I didn't think the keyboard had anything to do with the gapps that were flashed

Try ClockWorkMod. Thought I had heard their were issues with TWRP.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I guess the Wi-Fi timing out issue hasn't been fixed? When I leave the phone idol and come back to it, the wifi icon is grey and needs to be turned off and than turned back on :(

pmcd1962

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I guess the Wi-Fi timing out issue hasn't been fixed? When I leave the phone idol and come back to it, the wifi icon is grey and needs to be turned off and than turned back on :(

Do you have it set to stay on during sleep?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Lightflow? As soon as I flashed the new Milestone, Lightflow stopped working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KYHusker

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I am running the new milestone, and I'm getting a vibration every time I'm on the home screen that causes it to open up Gmail to send a bug report. I'm not sure what is causing it, nothing seems to be crashing

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This happens to me also from time to time. I believe a screenshot is being saved somehow in the process. There should also be a new file created in the bug report folder on your SD partition every time this happens.

If this is a serious concern for you, maybe someone can analyze the bug reports for you and find a solution. Otherwise, delete the bug files and the screen shots and carry on.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Since at least one of the AOKP devs posts here (I think?), I'm just curious, any plans for official AOKP support on future Verizon phones? It's getting to about the time where I'm thinking about buying a new phone, but I want to stay on Verizon and I also want to stick with official AOKP builds. Been thinking about the S4, but also holding out to see how that supposed X Phone turns out.

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Since at least one of the AOKP devs posts here (I think?), I'm just curious, any plans for official AOKP support on future Verizon phones? It's getting to about the time where I'm thinking about buying a new phone, but I want to stay on Verizon and I also want to stick with official AOKP builds. Been thinking about the S4, but also holding out to see how that supposed X Phone turns out.
Personally, I want to drop verizon. If the next nexus doesn't land on VZW, I'm done.
However, BMC (the S3 device maintainer) already built an unofficial for the international S3. Haven't looked at how it's doing, but he doesn't own the device so I'm sure building won't be consistent until/if he does get one.
He hasn't said if he will or not. Also, nobody knows if the currently unreleased S4 AT&T bootloader unlock will work on Verizon or not.

And last but not least, no device can be supported without one of us owning it, nor can we predict if we will support a device or not.
A stable build must be possible before/and/if/whatever it's decided to add it to the list.

mraviator

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the latest Franco Kernel with my AOKP JB MS1 and am looking for a "best practice" guide to improve my battery life. I've been through the XDA forum on FK, but have not come across anything. Any suggestions on where to look? thanks.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. I don't know if it has to do with AOKP, or something else (probably something else, because I've been on the last AOKP milestone since it came out a while ago), but for the last couple of weeks, my phone keeps freezing and forcing me to do a battery pull. I've already had to pull the battery twice this morning, while browsing the Play Store and updating some of my apps. Pretty irritating, and I don't know why all of a sudden it keeps freezing up.

bj1126

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing. This last milestone was actually pretty unstable for me. Build 6 was better. I went to the latest nightly last night and it has been much better so far.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been flashing the nightlies at all? I'm still on the last milestone, but been pondering on trying out the nightlies. Nobody's been saying anything about them on here, though, so I don't know how good they're working out. Not sure if I should just wait for the next milestone to release, whenever that may be, or go ahead and start flashing the nightlies.

If the nightlies have been working just fine, is it okay to "dirty flash" them, coming from the milestone build?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been flashing the nightlies at all? I'm still on the last milestone, but been pondering on trying out the nightlies. Nobody's been saying anything about them on here, though, so I don't know how good they're working out. Not sure if I should just wait for the next milestone to release, whenever that may be, or go ahead and start flashing the nightlies.

If the nightlies have been working just fine, is it okay to "dirty flash" them, coming from the milestone build?

I had the milestone loaded on my Galaxy Nexus and dirty flashed a recent nightly during the holiday weekend. No ill effects that I noticed, but the Gnex isn't my primary phone so I can afford to take my chances with dirty flashing.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I've had no problems with any of the nightlies and have dirty flashed every one. I usually use a new milestone as my time to clean flash again (unless there is a problem along the way). My experience may not be the same as yours though. So be prepared to clean flash if you run into trouble.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta