[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Man, ribbons are pretty cool! I set up my left swipe ribbon to have my favorite most used apps, and I set up my right swipe ribbon to have direct dial (or long press to text message) buttons for my most contacted, er, contacts. At first, I was having issues with the drag handles pulling out when I was using the keyboard, but the options in the settings let me position the drag handles at the perfect place so as not to conflict with the keyboard. I like it!

Just out of curiosity, though, how do you make the other ribbons activate, if you have them turned on? I mean, things like swipe left/ right/ bottom/ top are pretty easy to figure out (just swipe from the specified area of the screen), but what is the lockscreen ribbon, notification ribbon, toggle ribbon, etc.? If you enable them, how do you pull them out?

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Man, ribbons are pretty cool! I set up my left swipe ribbon to have my favorite most used apps, and I set up my right swipe ribbon to have direct dial (or long press to text message) buttons for my most contacted, er, contacts. At first, I was having issues with the drag handles pulling out when I was using the keyboard, but the options in the settings let me position the drag handles at the perfect place so as not to conflict with the keyboard. I like it!

Just out of curiosity, though, how do you make the other ribbons activate, if you have them turned on? I mean, things like swipe left/ right/ bottom/ top are pretty easy to figure out (just swipe from the specified area of the screen), but what is the lockscreen ribbon, notification ribbon, toggle ribbon, etc.? If you enable them, how do you pull them out?
Keyboard Issue:
There is an option to disable swipes while the keyboard is up, FYI.

Other Ribbons:
Notification Ribbon is found in your notification shade.
Lockscreen Ribbon is found on your lockscreen.
Toggle Ribbon is found in your toggles shade.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure someone already knows about this, but I figured I may as well post about it just in case. Think I may have found a bug with the nightly from the 12th. On the lockscreen, when you swipe right for the camera, the phone reboots. Never did this before I flashed this nightly.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Man... I decided to give the LiquidSmooth ROM a try, and I'm so torn, now. I felt like I was noticing a bit of lag and whatnot on AOKP, and LS feels a lot smoother. Not to mention, I really like the baked in pie controls in LS; using AOKP with LMT isn't so nice, because LMT itself seems to have errors with responsiveness and whatnot, and having the pie controls baked in makes the experience so much better, but from what I remember, someone said AOKP will never bake in pie controls. :/

At the same time, I really miss the AOKP Ribbons, and a bunch of other little customization stuff from AOKP.

It really sucks that there can't just be one ROM that covers all the bases. *sigh*

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, decided to make the jump back to AOKP + LMT. Thus far, Milestone 2 and the latest version of LMT seem to be playing nice with each other, and I haven't noticed much lag or slow down, as compared to the previous nightly builds of AOKP and LMT version 1.99.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hah, it's unfortunate that AOKP put out a new milestone just before a new version of Android came out. Now I find myself itching for the first 4.3 milestone. @_@

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well they put out the 4.2.2 milestone basically because it's the last 4.2.2 build and they wanted to make a stable version for those who only flash milestones.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
is Milestone 2 stable for a Gnex? been reading on other boards some people are having issues. interested in the jump still been on a pre- Milestone 1 build, it works and does what I want i'm no crack flasher but do like to have the newest software if its works properly.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
When I first flashed it, it was working pretty great. For whatever reason, though, lately I've been experiencing a lot of lag and slow down in Chrome. Weird that this is just happening now, considering I haven't flashed or installed anything new since.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
When I first flashed it, it was working pretty great. For whatever reason, though, lately I've been experiencing a lot of lag and slow down in Chrome. Weird that this is just happening now, considering I haven't flashed or installed anything new since.

I have read a lot of people are having issues with Chrome and they have suggested going to either Firefox or stock browser.
Any issues with GPS or navigation, that was always my issue when flashing.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so its been awhile since I flashed , was running Build 5, than I flashed the July 27 nightly and than a newer nightly was released, is it OK to dirty flash between nightlies?

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok so its been awhile since I flashed , was running Build 5, than I flashed the July 27 nightly and than a newer nightly was released, is it OK to dirty flash between nightlies?

Yes, but if you have any issues with the newer nightly, do a clean flash before reporting issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084