[ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

Isamu982

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Having another issue however not sure if this is related to gapps,(using 7/26 BTW)
I'm getting a notification saying that I can't login to Google servers and asks if I want to retry. But when I do the error keeps coming up
ypuqu7yg.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Having another issue however not sure if this is related to gapps,(using 7/26 BTW)
I'm getting a notification saying that I can't login to Google servers and asks if I want to retry. But when I do the error keeps coming uphttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/20/ypuqu7yg.jpg

Google Servers are down that are related to Google Now.

Transmitted by the Google Galaxy Nexus. Jellyfied!

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
No, I only flashed the monthly. I wanted to ask before jumping gun to another ROM but I will give that one a try. The ROM you are referring to, is that cm10?

---------- Post Merged at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Thank you:)

Yes it's cm10. Just go to the first post and click on the links and don't forget the gapps.

familia5az

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the whole point of the daily updates is to fix bugs? On 09/18 right now and so far so good. It seems mundane to have to update everyday unless there is a reason I'm missing..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Is the whole point of the daily updates is to fix bugs? On 09/18 right now and so far so good. It seems mundane to have to update everyday unless there is a reason I'm missing..

Fix bugs and add features. Sometimes a nightly is just a fresh compile. You don't *need* to update everyday. If I'm running a ROM with nightlies I'll often skip a couple days or more if I'm just busy or not in the mood to update, or I don't see any new features added that I'm dying for right now. If it's running fine you can wait. :)

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Just as it was mentioned, the nightlies are to fix bugs or just refresher. I use to do it every day and now narrowed it down to twice a week unless new features are added. If you flash every day, you won't have the opportunity to really see how the kernel is on your battery life. Euroskank's website has a list of new features on the right side of the page.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I haven't figured out this back up script built into Euroskanks rom. When you flash the update you just flash it dirty right? My understanding is that it automatically backs everything up (gapps) wipes the system for you and what not. Anybody here just dirty flashing the nightlies?

Tapatalk sent from the future.

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't figured out this back up script built into Euroskanks rom. When you flash the update you just flash it dirty right? My understanding is that it automatically backs everything up (gapps) wipes the system for you and what not. Anybody here just dirty flashing the nightlies?

If you're just updating to a new nightly, a dirty flash consists of:

Wiping Cache
Wiping dalvik
System
Install ROM
Install GApps

Reboot.

So you WILL need to install gapps everytime. You lose no data when you dirty flash.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
If you're just updating to a new nightly, a dirty flash consists of:

Wiping Cache
Wiping dalvik
System
Install ROM
Install GApps

Reboot.

So you WILL need to install gapps everytime. You lose no data when you dirty flash.

I remember a conversation at Rootzwiki that all you needed to do was flash the update, that the built in scripts took care of gapps and system wipes. I just did this with today's update and I can confirm that it's true. Gapps are all there without having to flash them.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I remember a conversation at Rootzwiki that all you needed to do was flash the update, that the built in scripts took care of gapps and system wipes. I just did this with today's update and I can confirm that it's true. Gapps are all there without having to flash them.

Its a matter of how much instability you are willing to put up with and how soon. If you do a dirty flash (cache/dalvik/system wiped) and flash the ROM and gapps, you are always gambling with instability, however, often you can get away with it for a number of nightly builds, and perhaps even longer, before any serious issues crop up.

The more wiping steps you eliminate (to save, what, 30 seconds or less from your whole procedure?) the increased chance of ending up with an unstable driver, and more likely you'll need to do a clean flash even sooner to negate them. Doesn't matter what install scripts the ROM claims to have implemented, and I'm not downtalking and ROM devs, but this is the way it is.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Its a matter of how much instability you are willing to put up with and how soon. If you do a dirty flash (cache/dalvik/system wiped) and flash the ROM and gapps, you are always gambling with instability, however, often you can get away with it for a number of nightly builds, and perhaps even longer, before any serious issues crop up.

The more wiping steps you eliminate (to save, what, 30 seconds or less from your whole procedure?) the increased chance of ending up with an unstable driver, and more likely you'll need to do a clean flash even sooner to negate them. Doesn't matter what install scripts the ROM claims to have implemented, and I'm not downtalking and ROM devs, but this is the way it is.

I dig what your saying, for me personally it gets to be a drag putting everything back the way it was that I'm now just sticking to stock everything, kernel, launcher, etc. (except keyboard, SwiftKey rocks) and this rom is awesome in those regards. Probably the best "as is" rom out there, no mods or tweaks needed. So you can see how inviting it sounds to just flash an update with no wiping necessary, when I see instability I'll know why, thanks!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I dig what your saying, for me personally it gets to be a drag putting everything back the way it was that I'm now just sticking to stock everything, kernel, launcher, etc. (except keyboard, SwiftKey rocks) and this rom is awesome in those regards. Probably the best "as is" rom out there, no mods or tweaks needed. So you can see how inviting it sounds to just flash an update with no wiping necessary, when I see instability I'll know why, thanks!

You seem to misunderstand though... Doing a dirty flash the way I stated does not cause you to lose anything. There is no reinstalling or setting up to do, all your stuff will still be there. That's why I specifically said this will add about 30 seconds to the whole process, lol. Just wipe the caches and system, flash the ROM and gapps, and reboot. Everything will be as you left it, since you didn't wipe the data partition.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just want to put this out here--I went from a stock locked device running ICS to an unlocked rooted device running AOKP, fully restored and setup, in 34 minutes. IMO, the time complaints can be a bit overblown :).

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Just want to put this out here--I went from a stock locked device running ICS to an unlocked rooted device running AOKP, fully restored and setup, in 34 minutes. IMO, the time complaints can be a bit overblown :).

I'm sure anyone mentioning time is doing a clean wipe and manually reinstalling all apps and settings. I haven't had a good experience with Titanium Backup, the two times I used it. Even though I payed for the Pro key, I manually reinstall all my apps.
I've clean wiped at least 15 times in the last 2 months trying all the ROMs out there.
I like that the Market remembers every app that I've installed now, however scrolling through apps I don't use anymore is tedious too.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure anyone mentioning time is doing a clean wipe and manually reinstalling all apps and settings. I haven't had a good experience with Titanium Backup, the two times I used it. Even though I payed for the Pro key, I manually reinstall all my apps.
I've clean wiped at least 15 times in the last 2 months trying all the ROMs out there.
I like that the Market remembers every app that I've installed now, however scrolling through apps I don't use anymore is tedious too.

Check my TiBu guide.. You probably just need some tips and pointers. I use TiBu after every full wipe and I'd say dmmarck's time of 30 something minutes to get back fully set up is standard. I can get there in less than 30 if I'm not distracted by tv or something like I usually am, lol.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

That time period included market restore over WiFi :).

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You seem to misunderstand though... Doing a dirty flash the way I stated does not cause you to lose anything. There is no reinstalling or setting up to do, all your stuff will still be there. That's why I specifically said this will add about 30 seconds to the whole process, lol. Just wipe the caches and system, flash the ROM and gapps, and reboot. Everything will be as you left it, since you didn't wipe the data partition.

I get that part, I was just tripn on the cool feature of Euroskanks Rom where it backs up your gapps and wipes the system for you. But if your not down with that then your not down with it. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz