[ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been running CM9 on my Toro gNex since I rooted it. Looking at all the new JB roms and having my Nexus 7, it was time to flash a JB rom on my gNex. Which one?

Looking through the roms, there are many good ones, with good reviews, although still early in the JB builds. Being a fan of CM, I was waiting for something from CM. I found Euroskanks JellyBro rom. Looked like what I was looking for, downloaded it, euroskank , as well as their gapps, euroskank , and am very happy I did. Stability is great, performance is buttery as expected, battery life on the stock kernel is excellent.

Here is a list of the merges from the CM Jellybean branch: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/status:merged+branch:jellybean,n,z

If you are a CM fan, and especially CM9 user, this is a seamless update from a feature perspective.

Just wanted to give you my perspective on Euroskanks Jellybro, enjoy!

Last edited:

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
This intrigues me, so this ROM is very stable atm?

I'm still on BB do to it's stability, and lack of (at least for me) bugs. But I'm getting antsy to try something new. But not at the expense of stability.

Is this pure JB or is it more of a custom ROM?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This intrigues me, so this ROM is very stable atm?

I'm still on BB do to it's stability, and lack of (at least for me) bugs. But I'm getting antsy to try something new. But not at the expense of stability.

Is this pure JB or is it more of a custom ROM?

highly stable. pure aosp rom with cm features. not all are functional but lots are.

Reactions: Jeff43

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I switched from jelly belly to cm10 jelly bro and really like it. Battery life seemed to take a hit after one of the nightlies so I did a clean install of the next and just put went back to the trinity kernel and things seem to have improved

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just an fyi, today's 0723 build resolved an LTE toggle issue, it works again. It was broken in the 0722 build, if you are running that. I dirty flashed, without issue.
That's a fast resolution! Thanks euroskank!

Transmitted from a banned Galaxy Nexus running JellyBro, with Tapatalk 2

col_forbin

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just an fyi, today's 0723 build resolved an LTE toggle issue, it works again. It was broken in the 0722 build, if you are running that. I dirty flashed, without issue.
That's a fast resolution! Thanks euroskank!

Quick question as I am all new to a lot of this stuff. Is a dirty flash when you flash a like ROM over the previous version without wiping anything? Thanks for the help in advance.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Quick question as I am all new to a lot of this stuff. Is a dirty flash when you flash a like ROM over the previous version without wiping anything? Thanks for the help in advance.

No. A dirty flash involves wiping the cache, dalvik, and system (although the updater script wipes the system for you, do this anyway).

A "clean" or "full" flash involves wiping data, cache, dalvik, and system.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to use dirty flashing with the nightly updates and if you have issues ever then it might be time to wipe everything. I have been dirty flashing these updates for a week without any issues so far.

Reactions: zero neck

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Flashed this ROM today...

After messing around with it most all afternoon, I was only able to come up with one thing to say...

Why in the hell did I wait so long to flash this?! This ROM is the beezneez...bro.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Flashed this ROM today...

After messing around with it most all afternoon, I was only able to come up with one thing to say...

Why in the hell did I wait so long to flash this?! This ROM is the beezneez...bro.

Lol were you on Jelly Belly? No disrespect to the developer, I just have no idea why people are still on that or Vicious or whatever. They've been outpaced, unfortunately :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually came from BuglessBeast, I was just getting tired of "vanilla" Jelly.

I'm just really enjoying the little extras with CM10.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually came from BuglessBeast, I was just getting tired of "vanilla" Jelly.

I'm just really enjoying the little extras with CM10.

Couldn't agree more! Coming from CM9, this rom has everything I am used to, with butta added!

Stable, fast and great battery life.

Last edited:

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just want some nav bar options, and to be able to use the bottom three placeholders for the lockscreen sliders.

Other than that, digging it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2