[ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I flashed 1204 and selected LTE/CDMA, and my data has been horrible all day. Probably going back to the unicorn...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

What's the difference between this rom and AOKP?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference between this rom and AOKP?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Both are AOSP based, its just different developers for different functionalities. Each with their own pluses and minuses.

Brought to you by the Google Galaxy Nexus. It IS better than the iPhone 5.

E.2da.D

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
can anyone direct me to the page or a direct download link please. Tried 3 different already. Would love to try out this ROM esp. after all the great reviews.

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
can anyone direct me to the page or a direct download link please. Tried 3 different already. Would love to try out this ROM esp. after all the great reviews.

Thanks in advance for any and all guidance

You can go here:
http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=cm10&device=toro

Or on goo.im if you want OTA like updates if you have the goomanager app:
http://goo.im/devs/Euroskank/jellybro/toro

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Those are 3 different builds. See the date in the link? Use the 12/5 build.

I've been a CNA user for months now but have been itching to use 4.2.1 and I'm willing to go back to skank from which I came. However, I've been spoiled by the custom stuff in CNA. Things like 5 buttons on the soft nav bar. Toggles in the notification area. Volume rocker to advance to next song. These are very important to me.

Will I find those kinds of things in 4.2.1 of Skank? Or should I wait for CNA? Better yet, is there a feature list anywhere?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been a CNA user for months now but have been itching to use 4.2.1 and I'm willing to go back to skank from which I came. However, I've been spoiled by the custom stuff in CNA. Things like 5 buttons on the soft nav bar. Toggles in the notification area. Volume rocker to advance to next song. These are very important to me.

Will I find those kinds of things in 4.2.1 of Skank? Or should I wait for CNA? Better yet, is there a feature list anywhere?

Yep. I consider the things you've mention vital. You now have the "nav" buttons on the lockscreen and has long press option (and widgets). So you can have the same 10 options on the lockscreen and everywhere else. I love it. Check out post #21 and #22 in this post for a my take and screenshots.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve.../226759-when-you-planning-flashing-4-2-a.html

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Download the official signed gapps on goo.im. if you go to the home page of goo.im, you will see a gapps folder. Look for the latest jb one. Should be 1130

E.2da.D

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Download the official signed gapps on goo.im. if you go to the home page of goo.im, you will see a gapps folder. Look for the latest jb one. Should be 1130

man u have been a great help with everything. I have been inpatient nub .. which in advance i do apologize ....

so i think i briked my phone ,,

i flashed the ROM and it was working but my data stayed on 3g and there were no g apps...

so i downloaded the g apps form goo.im on my phone ,, then when i went to flash the apps i deleted all cache and user data ,, before (like a dumba$$) making sure the g apps were on my sd memory direct area ... now it will not turn on,, i can get into recovery mode but my nexus is not reading my sd card.

i would reallllllllly be thankful for your assistance in how to resolve this , can i flash the rom and g apps thru pc? or am i screw? (hopefully not)

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
man u have been a great help with everything. I have been inpatient nub .. which in advance i do apologize ....

so i think i briked my phone ,,

i flashed the ROM and it was working but my data stayed on 3g and there were no g apps...

so i downloaded the g apps form goo.im on my phone ,, then when i went to flash the apps i deleted all cache and user data ,, before (like a dumba$$) making sure the g apps were on my sd memory direct area ... now it will not turn on,, i can get into recovery mode but my nexus is not reading my sd card.

i would reallllllllly be thankful for your assistance in how to resolve this , can i flash the rom and g apps thru pc? or am i screw? (hopefully not)

Try removing your battery then putting it back in. Hold the power button and both volume buttons for a few seconds. You should enter fast boot mode. Press the volume down button twice to get recovery mode. Then press the power button to enter recovery mode. Reinstall the ROM, followed by the gapps (you might need to wipe your system and do a factory reset, your sdcard directory should not be affected).

Keep in mind that nexus phones are nearly impossible to hard brick. If you can get into fast boot mode, you are all good.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I consider the things you've mention vital. You now have the "nav" buttons on the lockscreen and has long press option (and widgets). So you can have the same 10 options on the lockscreen and everywhere else. I love it. Check out post #21 and #22 in this post for a my take and screenshots.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve.../226759-when-you-planning-flashing-4-2-a.html

Well, I tried to install 4.2.1 by Euroskank but ended up in a big fail. I couldn't get past the initial setup as it could never make a data connection. There was no wifi for me to connect to and, while I clearly had 4 bars on signal, it never connected to 3G or 4G. Very stranged.

I did all the usual things. Reboot, battery pull, take out sim/put sim back in, go outside. Nothing would make the data connection. I waited a half hour a couple of times with no luck. I just could never get past the setup.

This is a bummer as I now have to go back to 4.1 and move all the data from the /0 directory back to the pre-4.2 folders. Whew!

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I tried to install 4.2.1 by Euroskank but ended up in a big fail. I couldn't get past the initial setup as it could never make a data connection. There was no wifi for me to connect to and, while I clearly had 4 bars on signal, it never connected to 3G or 4G. Very stranged.

I did all the usual things. Reboot, battery pull, take out sim/put sim back in, go outside. Nothing would make the data connection. I waited a half hour a couple of times with no luck. I just could never get past the setup.

This is a bummer as I now have to go back to 4.1 and move all the data from the /0 directory back to the pre-4.2 folders. Whew!

You can stay on 4.2. The way Euro's ROMs are set initially, you need to get into mobile networks and change the preferred network mode to LTE/CDMA.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
You can stay on 4.2. The way Euro's ROMs are set initially, you need to get into mobile networks and change the preferred network mode to LTE/CDMA.

How do I do that? I can't get past the "Choose Network" option in initial setup. The "next" button is greyed out. I can see a list of wifi networks, I just can't connect to any of them as I don't have a password. Without a 3G or 4G network connection I can't even initialize the phone.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How do I do that? I can't get past the "Choose Network" option in initial setup. The "next" button is greyed out. I can see a list of wifi networks, I just can't connect to any of them as I don't have a password. Without a 3G or 4G network connection I can't even initialize the phone.

I didn't take that into account. My fault. If you had wifi access you'd be OK, but without it you are stuck.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't take that into account. My fault. If you had wifi access you'd be OK, but without it you are stuck.

Isn't there a skip button? I can't remember since I have been dirty flashing this ROM for a very long time.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Isn't there a skip button? I can't remember since I have been dirty flashing this ROM for a very long time.

There's a skip button on the first screen but once you say you have a Google account it won't let you skip. Hey, wait a minute. Maybe I should have told it I didn't have a Google account and then I could have moved on. I could have added my Google account later. Geez, this is getting more and more complicated.

capnfatpants

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I've run into this problem before where there was no signal and I wasn't around wifi or couldn't connect to it. I can't remember exactly what did, because it was a while ago, but I remember hitting the back button and then it would let me continue without connection... hopefully this helps. I just remember being stuck, hitting back, and then I wasn't stuck anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci