AOKP Milestone 6 wont boot

GoBucks811

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to go from build 40 to milestone 6. Did a full wipe of everything, flashed the rom and then gapps. Phone loops from the google logo twice then boots into recovery. I have tried to flash multiple times with same result. I checked the md5 before the flash. Lucky I did a nandroid before the wipe and it will restore to that. Any ideas why the flash wont take?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to go from build 40 to milestone 6. Did a full wipe of everything, flashed the rom and then gapps. Phone loops from the google logo twice then boots into recovery. I have tried to flash multiple times with same result. I checked the md5 before the flash. Lucky I did a nandroid before the wipe and it will restore to that. Any ideas why the flash wont take?

Assuming that your going from AOKP B40 to M6 without changing anything that is very weird. Are you using the same GApps as before and by full wipe do you mean factory and data/cache/davlik/system? Did you try to flash a kernel in the same recovery session?

Explain the entire process from start to finish of trying to flash the M6.

GoBucks811

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
The process I'm using is data wipe, cache wipe, and then dalvik wipe. Then I flash milestone 6 then flash gapps (same version as before). Then on reboot it just boot loops on the Google logo and then boots back into recovery. Not flashing a kernel or anything.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I updated clockwork and then wiped data/cache/dalvik/system. Boots right up and works fine. Thanks for the help, I don't know how I missed that.

Happens to the best of us at times ;). I would recommend that you flash TWRP for your recovery. That way, you will never miss a wipe again since it lumps all of the wipe features in one tab and just need to click one by one. Makes it MUCH easier.