So I am on AOKP Jellybean.. I was using Franco's Kernal and I have his app that auto-flashes it for you as well.. I decided to give Lean Kernal a try (it's included in the app)... It is supposed to automatically flash, but it was stuck on the Google Screen for about 15 minutes.. I pulled battery and tried again. It looks like it is stuck.. I can still boot into recovery..

I was wondering.. Is it possible that lean kernel was for ICS or something?? Can I send a flashable zip to my phone through Android SDK and re-try?? What do you guys think?
    08-06-2012 02:12 AM
    Nevermind.. Just re-flash my rom again.. I guess I should keep a stock kernal in my downloads folder in case it happens again.
    08-06-2012 03:04 AM
    I had the same issue once when using auto flash through Franco's app. I never used that function again, lol.

For the record, yes you can push files to the device through adb commands. You don't even really need the SDK, just the adb.exe in a folder you execute the commands from, and your drivers setup properly.

adb push nameofkernel.zip /sdcard/nameofkernel.zip

Also, always good to make a nandroid before flashing anything. You can always delete it after you're up and running with whatever you flashed. Nice to have it there, should something go awry.

Glad you're back up and running again

Edit:correcting auto correct
    2defmouze likes this.
    08-06-2012 08:46 AM
    I had the same issue once when using auto flash through Franco's app. I never used that function again, lol.

For the record, yes you can push files to the device through adb commands. You don't even really need the SDK, just the adb.exe in a folder you execute the commands from, and your drivers setup properly.

adb push nameofkernel.zip /sdcard/nameofkernel.zip

Also, always good to make a nandroid before flashing anything. You can always delete it after you're up and running with whatever you flashed. Nice to have it there, should something go awry.

Glad you're back up and running again

Edit:correcting auto correct
    yeah, I always make a back-up.. except this last time.. So I can still push/pull files even if I am in fastboot mode? I thought my phone had to be on Android in regular mode..
    08-06-2012 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD