Is the tethering option under settings from vzw?

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My gnex is rooted and I don't know if the tethering option under wireless and tethering in settings is after root or always been there. Rooted as soon as I got my gnex, so didn't look before. Anyway, main question is can I turn that on for free tethering or is that what vzw can see. Should I download a different tethering app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My gnex is rooted and I don't know if the tethering option under wireless and tethering in settings is after root or always been there. Rooted as soon as I got my gnex, so didn't look before. Anyway, main question is can I turn that on for free tethering or is that what vzw can see. Should I download a different tethering app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Are you still running the stock rom? I believe it will tell you that Verizon will charge a fee if you try to checkmark it, just use download Wi-Fi tether.. Works GREAT.

If you are on Jellybean, you can activate it from the settings menu and won't be charged.

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted but on stock ROM. Planning on installing a jelly bean ROM tonight though after I read some how-to's. I'll try the WiFi app though, thanx

Sent from my 8gb Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user