Vicious Jelly Bean

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I grabbed this ROM over on XDA a few weeks ago. I love it, I haven't had any bugs since flashing. I'm curious as to why I'm not seeing it mentioned here.

Does anyone out there run Vicious Jelly Bean? If so...what are your impressions? I flashed Euroskank's CM10 Jelly Bro, but flashed back to Vicious fairly quickly. I'll be watching Jelly Bro as it gets more and more stable (I realize its pretty stable now).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I grabbed this ROM over on XDA a few weeks ago. I love it, I haven't had any bugs since flashing. I'm curious as to why I'm not seeing it mentioned here.

Does anyone out there run Vicious Jelly Bean? If so...what are your impressions? I flashed Euroskank's CM10 Jelly Bro, but flashed back to Vicious fairly quickly. I'll be watching Jelly Bro as it gets more and more stable (I realize its pretty stable now).

Vicious was big back when there was no source JellyBean. They were one of the first JellyBean ROMs out there when all dev's had to work with was a nandroid. I used it for a day or 2 but I usually stuck with Jelly Belly back then.

Now, I am pretty sure that most people are either running CM10 or AOKP nightlies. Nothing wrong with Vicious, great devs behind the ROM but right now CM10 is king of JellyBean ROMs out there.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Vicious was big back when there was no source JellyBean. They were one of the first JellyBean ROMs out there when all dev's had to work with was a nandroid. I used it for a day or 2 but I usually stuck with Jelly Belly back then.

Now, I am pretty sure that most people are either running CM10 or AOKP nightlies. Nothing wrong with Vicious, great devs behind the ROM but right now CM10 is king of JellyBean ROMs out there.

I got me a Verizon Nexus recently off eBay flashed (guess that's the term), with Vicious Jelly Bean. Overall the phone seems to run great, but I've run into an issue with I not wanting to update a couple apps. Comes up with an error saying it could not install on USB storage or SD Card. I'm just guessing it might be some conflict with the ROM. I'm new to android and do not know anything about installing these custom ROMs so if I continue to have this problem, can you install a different one in place of this Vicious version?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the info. I must say that it runs flawlessly

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I got me a Verizon Nexus recently off eBay flashed (guess that's the term), with Vicious Jelly Bean. Overall the phone seems to run great, but I've run into an issue with I not wanting to update a couple apps. Comes up with an error saying it could not install on USB storage or SD Card. I'm just guessing it might be some conflict with the ROM. I'm new to android and do not know anything about installing these custom ROMs so if I continue to have this problem, can you install a different one in place of this Vicious version?

Yes you can, and you should.. I would strongly recommend something like CM10 (as was noted earlier, the nightlies are indeed very stable, I've been running them exclusively for a while now).. I'm not going to name anyone's ROMs specifically, but I am not a fan of the ones (such as Vicious) which started as ports, were re-based off AOSP, have all these questionable code tweaks and scripts to fix bugs which shouldn't exist and "improve speed" which shouldn't be necessary. I think the tweaks break stuff more often than they improve anything. Just my opinion.

But more importantly, if you just got the phone pre-flashed and this isn't something you want to have to fuss with, you may just want to consider returning it to stock. Check the stickies for the factory image restore guide, and I believe you can use Wug's toolkit to easily restore the phone to stock as well. If you do want to flash something else then I definitely recommend something known to be more stable. CM10 or Bugless Beast would both be great ideas.. The former if you want options to play with, the latter if you'd rather just have a more stock-like ROM. Haven't tried the recent AOKP updates but I believe they are solid as well.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can, and you should.. I would strongly recommend something like CM10 (as was noted earlier, the nightlies are indeed very stable, I've been running them exclusively for a while now).. I'm not going to name anyone's ROMs specifically, but I am not a fan of the ones (such as Vicious) which started as ports, were re-based off AOSP, have all these questionable code tweaks and scripts to fix bugs which shouldn't exist and "improve speed" which shouldn't be necessary. I think the tweaks break stuff more often than they improve anything. Just my opinion.

But more importantly, if you just got the phone pre-flashed and this isn't something you want to have to fuss with, you may just want to consider returning it to stock. Check the stickies for the factory image restore guide, and I believe you can use Wug's toolkit to easily restore the phone to stock as well. If you do want to flash something else then I definitely recommend something known to be more stable. CM10 or Bugless Beast would both be great ideas.. The former if you want options to play with, the latter if you'd rather just have a more stock-like ROM. Haven't tried the recent AOKP updates but I believe they are solid as well.

Hi thanks for writing. If I decide I want to put a different ROM in, say CM10 is there resources I can go to to instruct me how?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi thanks for writing. If I decide I want to put a different ROM in, say CM10 is there resources I can go to to instruct me how?

Yep.. some great stickies right at the top of this forum :)

Check the Don't Panic guide to start.. then browse the others.

Reactions: Guidos Dad

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Or check the below link. This has all/most of the current JB roms listed with links. Great resource put together by dmmarck. You do need to know how to flash ROMs though, which the "Don't Panic" is great for obtaining that knowledge.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-8-1-jelly-bean-now-resources-discussion.html

Thank you for the link to great post! I've started reading through "Don't Panic". Probably going to take my pea brain reading through it a few times to start understanding it all. :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae