GAPPS Google Apps - GEt er DOne..

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
The Google Apps (or GApps as they are commonly referred to) are the proprietary applications by Google included in many Android devices.

There's a gang of gaaps out there as there are Roms, so to help out with what's what I'm gonna try and shed some light on what to expect when flashing a certain gaap package.

(I will miss a lot here and input would be greatly appreciated so that we can update the OP as needed) ;)

For apps too load automatically from Google Play (currently hit and miss when flashing) it might help if you enable that in Settings/BAckup & Reset/

2012-08-23%2006.53.17.png

Google Apps - RootzWiki
You'll find a plethora of gaaps here, the one your looking for is (Android version 4.1.1 20120726)
Added TalkBack (Accessibility app)
Currently no proper way to fix Gallery not syncing to Picasa without ending up with a second gallery app
Re-Upload: Removed YouTube since it was updated in the Play Store, and fixed backup script to work with Gmail

Alternate links (Goo.im is whack for a couple of weeks)
Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip
androtransfer.com

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0oma8yb8krt8y86/aokp-gapps-0723.zip <---------------------XooMDeV 7/23 Gaaps!!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11232883/Android Central/aokp-gapps-0723.zip XoomDev Mirror

euroskank
JellyBro EuroSkank has a very similar looking gaaps package but is 3megs larger (88mb vs. 85mb) adding Voicesearchstub.apk ,Youtube.apk

Index of files/ <---------Jelly Belly Gaaps
When I was on JellyBElly this guy put out some very nice JEllyBEan Gaaps (If you like GOOGLE WALLET included in your gaaps, this ones for YOU) no youtube in this package.

https://docs.google.com/folderview?...dIaEdyVDVJRzQ&id=0B7FcMhPSrxcSSnJGOXJXUGdKU0U <----- 4.1.1-398337 JRO03C GApps Package Formula84Gaaps
Has the exact file structure as the 7-26 Goo.im gapps package but uses all files from the official AOSP 4.1.1 JRO03C release. Claims to be crack flasher friendly with back up scripts. (1st package ONLY! Custom DOES NOT have the backup scripts)
Custom adds: Books,Currents, Facelock,GalleryGoogle,Geniewidget, and ThinkFree.apk

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B...dKU0U/edit?docId=0B7FcMhPSrxcSbWpaeXFzNi1FcHM <----------------- Updated LiquidSmooth Gaaps with Stock Google Camera and Gallery that Shipped with Factory 4.1.1 image. (no picasa sync) Might have some themed apps (Gmail, etc.)

http://codenameandroid.com/roms/googleapps/CNA-Formula84-gapps-jb-20120817-JRO03C.zip <------ CNA-Formula Custom Gapps (Same as Formula's stock camera gaaps but this guy is known for putting together a good package). Not Themed.

Last edited:

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
This is definitely a great guide to look up as to what is the best GAPPS to install with the ROMs!

You might want to add Xoomdev's GAPPS as well. His is used quite often as well as Kejar's.

Sent from my Google Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: JkdJedi

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
This is definitely a great guide to look up as to what is the best GAPPS to install with the ROMs!

You might want to add Xoomdev's GAPPS as well. His is used quite often as well as Kejar's.

Sent from my Google Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'll look him up this evening, thanks.

Beamed from my GneX via TaPaTalK.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google apps aka GAAPS

Added TalkBack (Accessibility app)
Currently no proper way to fix Gallery not syncing to Picasa without ending up with a second gallery app

I found a flashable zip with an older gallery version that fixed it for me.

[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos WiFi Nightlies (Wingray/MZ604) - Page 167 - xda-developers - It's on the third post down

However, it got rid of my camera application, but I am now using Camera ICS as my camera app instead. a

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

For anyone using Formula's GAPPS (or any gapps that include stock gallery), it looks like this overrides whatever new camera settings your rom may include. It overrides it with Google's camera/gallery to maintain sync. I guess currently there is no method to maintain sync with aosp gallery.

Formula84 may include another version of his GAPPS to exclude the overriding of camera/gallery (which I assume would break sync). But I don't use (picasa?) sync so I'll be looking out for that. Just a heads up!

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
For anyone using Formula's GAPPS (or any gapps that include stock gallery), it looks like this overrides whatever new camera settings your rom may include. It overrides it with Google's camera/gallery to maintain sync. I guess currently there is no method to maintain sync with aosp gallery.

Formula84 may include another version of his GAPPS to exclude the overriding of camera/gallery (which I assume would break sync). But I don't use (picasa?) sync so I'll be looking out for that. Just a heads up!

Installed Formula's. I could only produce a clean install because I wasn't getting the calendar to sync. But I love it so far.

Transmitted by the Google Galaxy Nexus. Jellyfied!

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Installed Formula's. I could only produce a clean install because I wasn't getting the calendar to sync. But I love it so far.

Transmitted by the Google Galaxy Nexus. Jellyfied!
Yup, that's the one I use too. Haven't had any issues besides what I stated above. And that's not Formula's fault. He just wanted to preserve Picasa sync.

For anyone (like myself) that don't need Picasa sync and would like to try out some extra camera features in their AOSP (For example CM10/skank has power shutter, anti-banding and color effects), make the following edits to Formula's GAPPS zip file:

1) Delete GalleryGoogle.apk from /system/app.
2) Edit the updater-script file from /META-INF/com/google/android by removing the following entry (to be safe remove the quotations and comma as well): "/system/app/Gallery2.apk",
3) Save the file and re-zip the entire package.
4) Profit!

Working well for me so far but flash at your own risk!

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
2) Edit the updater-script file from /META-INF/com/google/android by removing the following entry (to be safe remove the quotations and comma as well): "/system/app/Gallery2.apk",

How do you edit the updater script? I'm using root explorer, mounted as rw, but when I go into the script updater I'm not able to edit. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

How do you edit the updater script? I'm using root explorer, mounted as rw, but when I go into the script updater I'm not able to edit. Thanks!

I actually did all the steps on the desktop so I just used notepad to edit the script and re-zipped the package using Winrar. Sorry, not sure how to edit the file on the phone.

Reactions: Empty Hand

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Yup, that's the one I use too. Haven't had any issues besides what I stated above. And that's not Formula's fault. He just wanted to preserve Picasa sync.

For anyone (like myself) that don't need Picasa sync and would like to try out some extra camera features in their AOSP (For example CM10/skank has power shutter, anti-banding and color effects), make the following edits to Formula's GAPPS zip file:

1) Delete GalleryGoogle.apk from /system/app.
3) Save the file and re-zip the entire package.
4) Profit!

Working well for me so far but flash at your own risk!
I want/need all the features the camera provides and like what Formula has done with the rest of the gapp files so working on these steps now, thanks!
EDIT: Wow, no dice, i followed these steps and now I have no camera/gallery. gonna try it again.

Last edited:

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
You're correct.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Would you be able to provide a direct link to xoomdev's gapps? I can't find it following the provided links to this point.
Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel