No internal data

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend that bought a nexus with no internal data at all. The guy told him he accidentally wiped internal storage when going to flash a Rom. Is there anyway to salvage what was done? He has tried to revert back to stock with the Mac toolkit but with no way of checking debugging his computer isn't recognizing his phone. The only thing he is able to do is go into recovery, but it's kinda useless with nothing on the sd card to flash or recover. Would Verizon be able to flash a stock image or something we could possibly do ourselves?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend that bought a nexus with no internal data at all. The guy told him he accidentally wiped internal storage when going to flash a Rom. Is there anyway to salvage what was done? He has tried to revert back to stock with the Mac toolkit but with no way of checking debugging his computer isn't recognizing his phone. The only thing he is able to do is go into recovery, but it's kinda useless with nothing on the sd card to flash or recover. Would Verizon be able to flash a stock image or something we could possibly do ourselves?

He should be able to use fastboot and flash the stock images.

Reactions: CA1NE

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
He should be able to use fastboot and flash the stock images.

This outta be fun for both of us. He has no idea what fastboot is and I've yet to use fastboot myself lol I need to learn it anyway so this will be a good experience. Thank you and will more than likely be asking questions while I do the deed :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
This outta be fun for both of us. He has no idea what fastboot is and I've yet to use fastboot myself lol I need to learn it anyway so this will be a good experience. Thank you and will more than likely be asking questions while I do the deed :)

Good thing we have a guide on it ;).

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Does it not matter that his computer isn't recognizing his phone? Fastboot should do the trick?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Does it not matter that his computer isn't recognizing his phone? Fastboot should do the trick?

If he's on a Mac, then that r3 superboot folder (check the stickies here, it's in there somewhere lol) should work just fine.

If he's on a Windows machine, he'll need to install the drivers.

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
If he's on a Mac, then that r3 superboot folder (check the stickies here, it's in there somewhere lol) should work just fine.

If he's on a Windows machine, he'll need to install the drivers.

I'll be doing this since he's not familiar with anything and I'll be using a Windows machine. I do believe I found your sticky as well. If I get stuck I'll be sure to knock on your front door :D fingers crossed I'm the geek I think I am lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams