Group Text Messaging for JB - ACHIEVED!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Gerrit Code Review, Gerrit Code Review, Gerrit Code Review. Just saw these on the cm gerrit. This is finally going to see the light of day.

I think it's on Euroskank right now.
arejanub.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thebeen

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
it's on jellybelly right now (latest version 8.4, released 10/7/12). euroskank removed the release on that other build, not sure if the updated builds have it.

Jetdr

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Invisiblek cooked up a CM 10 ROM with the group text threading codes from this thread. I'm am using the ROM and I can confirm group text messaging works perfectly. If you are on a Verizon Galaxy S 3 wipe every thing and install this ROM and enjoy group text messaging!!! The commits were resubmitted to the github and they are in the review stages. But for now flash this if you are on a Verizon GS3..

From Invisiblek...

http://beta.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390127256275255393

this needs to be tested thoroughly as i don't really know anyone who uses this feature so i cannot test it myself

i'll upload to gerrit once we decide that its actually doing what we are expecting

thebeen

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Nice, I am definitely going to check out EuroSkanks CM10! I use group texting HEAVILY (probably over 400 txts a day in group texting mode -- yes, all my friends have iphones) and I have no problem testing it. I am on a gnexus, so invisiblek is kinda out of the question, but maybe I can contact euroskank

thanks for the update guys

thebeen

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
quick question -- anyone know of any official threads that follows euroskank's releases, except for the one posted here? wanted to contant ES directly..

oj4y

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I registered for this forum here at Android Central just to thank Vivek Vasani for his work on this group messaging change. I've been using Handcent to "fix" this but nothing can compare to the beauty of the stock messaging app.

I hope it gets into AOSP soon. This is way overdue. I might have to reconsider upgrading to the newest 4.1.2 just to get this feature.

Thank you!

Jackpot0

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Invisiblek cooked up a CM 10 ROM with the group text threading codes from this thread. I'm am using the ROM and I can confirm group text messaging works perfectly. If you are on a Verizon Galaxy S 3 wipe every thing and install this ROM and enjoy group text messaging!!! The commits were resubmitted to the github and they are in the review stages. But for now flash this if you are on a Verizon GS3..

From Invisiblek...

http://beta.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390127256275255393

this needs to be tested thoroughly as i don't really know anyone who uses this feature so i cannot test it myself

i'll upload to gerrit once we decide that its actually doing what we are expecting

Wow thank you! Is there anywhere to extract this and install it on any aosp rom we want (cm10?)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jackpot0

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Good news/bad news. I don't know if this makes a difference but I took the mms. Apk from the Invisiblek rom that suppose to have group texting work and installed it on cm10 m2.

What I find is in a group text with me + 2 Iphones I could send group texts and they received a group text but when each member responded I received them separately. Not sure what that means in terms of it working or if it's cuz I jacked the mms.Apk and there's more to it. Just thought I'd share

Last edited:

Jetdr

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Jackpot0

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
For the GS3 you can find stock unofficial CM builds with group texting here

http://goo.im/devs/invisiblek/i535/roms/cm10.unofficial.nightlies

All versions of the US phones.

This is Invisibleks builds and group threading works great on the Verizon one I'm using.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I tried this and I can send group texting but I can't receive them. When people reply to that message they come as separate individual threads

Jetdr

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried this and I can send group texting but I can't receive them. When people reply to that message they come as separate individual threads

Did you wipe everything and start fresh? Do you have any other SMS apps installed, like gosms? Make sure you have no third party apps for SMS installed.

Jackpot0

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you wipe everything and start fresh? Do you have any other SMS apps installed, like gosms? Make sure you have no third party apps for SMS installed.

Yes clean install. Just restored my missing user installed apps from titanium backup, not mms. Apk though

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Any GN ROMs have this native yet?

Jelly belly and Skank have it integrated for sure.

I noticed one feature that is missing I wish it had. Once in a while someone shares a contact with me from the iPhone to my nexus. However I can't save that contact by tapping the message. Would love to see that feature integrated sometime.

Brought to you by the Google Galaxy Nexus. It IS better than the iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084