Group Text Messaging for JB - ACHIEVED!

jblazea50

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Any idea why when I have auto retrieve checked, the messages just stays as "downloading" but never shows up. However, if I uncheck it and hit download manually, it works fine.

Gizmoed

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
TelephonyProvider.apk contains: MmsSmsDatabaseHelper.java that provides the setting up and maintaining of the mmssms.db and there are triggers that are created when the database is initially created (WHICH MEANS AFTER A FULL FACTORY WIPE).

If the full wipe is only to force an update to the database schema, why couldn't we just drop/create the trigger on the db as part of the flash? If that's not possible, I've read that the messaging app will recreate the mmssms.db if it is missing so just deleting that one file should be sufficient it seems? What am I missing here?

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Isn't that the point that this works on iPhones already though and Android users would like a compatible option?
I think the question was asking if iPhone users will see this as a group text. Basically asking if this is an iPhone compatible option for Android users and from my experience, it is.

TxAggieSeattle

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, completely new but registered to ask if this can be added to my T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide? If so can you give me an idiot proof step by step? I have never done something like this before but hate not being able to be part of iphone group conversations with my family but refuse to switch over to iphone!

Authority

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, completely new but registered to ask if this can be added to my T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide? If so can you give me an idiot proof step by step? I have never done something like this before but hate not being able to be part of iphone group conversations with my family but refuse to switch over to iphone!

Learn how to build a ROM from CyanogenMod source. You can then cherry-pick this. If you don't know how to operate a Linux system, you're going to spend many hours reading tutorials on google to get it right.

TxAggieSeattle

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Learn how to build a ROM from CyanogenMod source. You can then cherry-pick this. If you don't know how to operate a Linux system, you're going to spend many hours reading tutorials on google to get it right.

I found this link to creating a ROM - [GUIDE] [how to] CREATE OWN ROM [FOR ANY ANDROID DEVICE] [FOR N00B] [EASIEST METHODS] - xda-developers

I've never worked in Linux before but getting this functionality seems worth it. Was really hoping there might be something already out there i could load to my device, not looking that way though right?

MezJr

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
It's in cm code review at the moment.

Awesome. Liquid is CM10 based, until I've had this one for awhile (if i keep it) I'd just feel more comfortable with CM, especially once they move to 4.2 and so on. (for me, on the note CM10 nightlies were running great).

Only oddity here is the quick-reply feature doesn't work with with group mms in this rom. Not sure how it rolls with the others.

jarremw

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Very new here. What about adding the ability to see who all is in the thread? For instance on my VZW sIII when I get a group text that has more than 4 people in it, it will list the first 2 people then display '...' after. That looks good and shouldn't change. What would be nice to see added possibly would be if you were to tap the names above the thread it would show all the recipients in a list. Just a thought. I know I have seen it work like this on other phones just not the sIII.

diretydirt

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I would kill to have this added into an AT&T HOX ROM. Stumbled across this thread after a few Google searches, seems this is the only progress made anywhere to add native group MMS functionality to the stock messaging app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox