Group Text Messaging for JB - ACHIEVED!

jfit400

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thanks so much for the work, been waiting for this for so long!! Sending and receiving work flawlessly, the only problem I've encountered is that whoever sends me a a group mms, their PERSONAL thread remains unread and cannot be marked read. Has anyone else encountered this?

I did restore my sms messages but not my mms.apk settings so I don't believe that should be the cause. Thanks for any input!

aznguyen316

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
would love to see this implemented in LiquidSmooth

likewise.

Secondly, does this work any better than the Gosmspro option for group mms text? Because those are very slow and laggy. I really dislike it. Is this pretty much the same, just with stock mms.apk? On VZW S3

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
likewise.

Secondly, does this work any better than the Gosmspro option for group mms text? Because those are very slow and laggy. I really dislike it. Is this pretty much the same, just with stock mms.apk? On VZW S3

this one is perfect. blows away VZ Messages I was using

t4duzan

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Although this appears to only be in the Nexus ROM's so far, does anyone know if this has been cooked into any HTC Inspire or Desire HD ROM's?

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Get this before I get bored with y'all and remove it =]
aokp_toro_unofficial_Oct-21-12.zip

Included in 10/21 TORO:
Make Unlock Customizeable in Lockscreen
Torch Toggle Fix
Show Lockscreen before Secure Unlock
Lockscreen Vibrate
Quick Reply Pop-UP
Group MMS - REQUIRES A WIPE TO WORK.

Last edited:

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
thanks to all who made this possible. this has been one of the biggest fails in the entire android ecosystem for me. This just shows the strength of the developer community. You are truly doing god's work.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
thanks to all who made this possible. this has been one of the biggest fails in the entire android ecosystem for me. This just shows the strength of the developer community. You are truly doing god's work.

God's work? By god you mean Google?

Brought to you by the Google Galaxy Nexus. It IS better than the iPhone 5.

apuraja25

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you have an MMS.apk file to download and install on JB Gnex LTE? I don't want the whole ROM, just the capability to Group MMS. I am a bit confused on all of the AOSP stuff and coding so please bear with me.

apuraja25

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have just finished testing my modifications to the framework and MMS apk to enable Group Texting similar to the iPhone.

I am VERY new to JAVA / Android / Git / Gerrit and I am learning as I go along. I am working on submitting the code to AOSP right now but if there is anyone that would like to incorporate the modified java classes for their ROM, as soon as possible, I will gladly work with you in making that happen.

I have modified the android-4.1.1_r4 branch from AOSP and only tested it on my own toro/GNex. I lack resources and time to test on any other device, but you are welcome to do so.
EDIT: Also check post #13 below for changes to mmssms.db schema.

View attachment 36962View attachment 36963View attachment 36964View attachment 36965View attachment 36966

https://github.com/vivekvasani

changes have been committed to "jb-release" branch

9/13/12:

I was able to build a CM10 ROM with this incorporated. Because this ROM changes the db schema, you MUST do a full wipe regardless of what ROM you are flashing from.

Flash at your own risk (with a back preferably) and please provide feedback and comments.

http://vivekvasani.com/android/cm-10-20120912-vivekvasani-toro.zip

I hope you guys enjoy. BON APETIT!

Also, If anyone could hook me up with any kind of software/coding job in NYC/NJ, I would be forever in your favor.

- Vivek Vasani

Do you have an MMS.apk file to download and install on JB Gnex LTE? I don't want the whole ROM, just the capability to Group MMS. I am a bit confused on all of the AOSP stuff and coding so please bear with me.

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Not possible.
It changes the mms apk, framework files, and telephony provider files.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I tested it a little today and it seems to work. I'm not really a group messaging guru, but it looks like it will do what I need it to do and do it well. It's really nice having it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci