Is signal strength about more than your radio version?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I notice that sometimes after flashing a new ROM (or a ROM update), my signal strength may vary. Some days I might show great bars and others I have none (even with my network extender). I'm also constantly flashing kernel updates (usually the latest Franco). So the question is...does signal rely on your radio version, your ROM, your kernel, or all three? For those that know, does one of those items typically have a greater bearing on strength than another?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I notice that sometimes after flashing a new ROM (or a ROM update), my signal strength may vary. Some days I might show great bars and others I have none (even with my network extender). I'm also constantly flashing kernel updates (usually the latest Franco). So the question is...does signal rely on your radio version, your ROM, your kernel, or all three? For those that know, does one of those items typically have a greater bearing on strength than another?

Usually its got to do with the ROM and the radio firmware more than anything. The ROM will contain the binaries but the radio is separate.

Make sure you have the latest radio installed and the ROM you are using is updated with the latest binaries and you should be good.

I've never seen a kernel affect cell signal but they do usually have WiFi drivers. So i guess they could affect that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon