Struggling to install rom

grea3682

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I was previously running bugless beast and decided to switch to the new AOKP. I did the normal return to stock data wipe ect. I'm using the wugfresh tool kit and everythig seems to be fine. I flashed back and re rooted. When I attempt to install a new rom, AOKP or bugless beast, the install goes fine but boot loops on the animation during start up Any recomendations?

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was previously running bugless beast and decided to switch to the new AOKP. I did the normal return to stock data wipe ect. I'm using the wugfresh tool kit and everythig seems to be fine. I flashed back and re rooted. When I attempt to install a new rom, AOKP or bugless beast, the install goes fine but boot loops on the animation during start up Any recomendations?

First, why are you involving Wug's when you were already rooted and on a custom ROM? When you flash a new ROM or experience problems with an update of the ROM your on the steps are:
*Wipe cache
*Wipe dalvik
*Make backup
*Wipe data/factory reset (can omit if flashing nightly)
*Install zip from SD
- ROM then Gapps
- (DL these files to phone or to computer and move to phone)
*Reboot

To fix the problem you are having try these steps.

Hope this helps.

Allons-y

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh and sorry D I know I have linked this sticky a few times:). Hope you don't mind

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

grea3682

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I used wugs to return to stock before flashing again. I've read the hang guide and have flashed many times. It seems like I'm having an issue with CWM and SU. Not sure. Was hoping someone had seen something simular. I have done the wipes with no success.

grea3682

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I m just not figuring it out. I can get up and running, get root, install anything I want, but when I flash a rom it sits on the animation. I have wiped and restored. I got nothing.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What process are you using to flash a ROM (give us as much info as you can)? Did you verify the checksum to make sure its not just a bad download?

grea3682

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I got the latest version of Bugless Beast up and running. The only thing I did different was fully install Busybox before installing the rom. Not sure if that was the issue. Thanks for the advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34