Battery life help wanted

Froojr

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Euroskank Jellybro nightlies and franco kernel nightlies on a toro. I've seen people posting about their crazy long battery life, but no details about settings to get that sort of time on a charge. Min CPU what? max CPU what? What is undervolted, and to what amount? What governor? Things like this are what I need. Is there some sort of guide that I've missed that gives pointers on battery life and ROM/kernel settings?

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Euroskank Jellybro nightlies and franco kernel nightlies on a toro. I've seen people posting about their crazy long battery life, but no details about settings to get that sort of time on a charge. Min CPU what? max CPU what? What is undervolted, and to what amount? What governor? Things like this are what I need. Is there some sort of guide that I've missed that gives pointers on battery life and ROM/kernel settings?

I'm also running the euroskank rom and have set cpu to on demand and best battery life is have seen is 15 hrs with 5 hrs of screen time. Others with crazy long battery life might be using wifi for the majority of the day and that drains the battery slower than using the network. If you want long battery life you can go through the forums or play with the settings themselves through franco's app. Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
you could also use the app juice defender. I bought the plus version when I had my DINC any only recently started using it again on my nexus.
Works pretty well but takes a bit to reconnect to data when you unlock the phone.

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm also running the euroskank rom and have set cpu to on demand and best battery life is have seen is 15 hrs with 5 hrs of screen time. Others with crazy long battery life might be using wifi for the majority of the day and that drains the battery slower than using the network. If you want long battery life you can go through the forums or play with the settings themselves through franco's app. Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Stock battery and CDMA Nexus???!!

Froojr

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm almost afraid to just play with the settings in franco's app. I'd hate to undervolt one aspect a little and undervolt another part too much. I have no idea where to even begin when it comes to CPU settings to be safe and not chance frying the phone.

So far, I've overclocked to 1305 MHz (1.3 GHz), set the ondemand governor, and am using the Balanced power mode. Undervolting is the main part of my concern. I like to tweak things, but one tweak too far or in the wrong direction could be fatal.

Wait, I said I "set" the ondemand governor. I haven't changed any governor settings, just turned it on. Default was interactive. I'm not even sure which does what aka what the difference is.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Buy a few power packs and charges for a couple rooms in the house and car, it'll be way more effective than trying to tweak things. Best case you'll see marginal increases and usually at the expense of performance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173