Google Wallet, add card, Request Failed

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So, I had to get a replacement Gnex. I went to restore my Google Wallet, but when I go to set up my card, I get a error that reads "Your request failed. Please try again." I had my card set up and working just fine (on Verizon) on my pervious GNex. I tried reseting my wallet on the app and on a ful web browser on a PC. I tried deleting the app and re-installing. I called Google Wallet support, and they told me that Google Wallet wasn't supported on Verizon. I kindly informed her that she didn't understand, I already had it running on Verizon. Anyway, anyone have this problem? Anyone have any ideas? Btw, I'm runing Jellybro.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
So if I'm understanding you correctly you were able to install gWallet, sign into/add your gmail account that your info is permanently linked to, but then when you click the "setup required" under your debit/credit card you added (which doesn't require add'l setup...) it would not add the card? After flashing aokp b5 yesterday I was having issues, but it must've just been Google's servers. I couldn't get past adding my gmail account. I tried later in the day and it worked as it normally does without a hitch. You're not trying to add the old Google prepaid, correct? They've done away with that. Still waiting on my ~$8 check lol. The latest version is 1.5-r81-v4. If you search my posts or the general section you could probably fine where I posted it, but if you still need it let me know and I'll hook you up. If that's the version you have I'm useless:)

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So if I'm understanding you correctly you were able to install gWallet, sign into/add your gmail account that your info is permanently linked to, but then when you click the "setup required" under your debit/credit card you added (which doesn't require add'l setup...) it would not add the card? After flashing aokp b5 yesterday I was having issues, but it must've just been Google's servers. I couldn't get past adding my gmail account. I tried later in the day and it worked as it normally does without a hitch. You're not trying to add the old Google prepaid, correct? They've done away with that. Still waiting on my ~$8 check lol. The latest version is 1.5-r81-v4. If you search my posts or the general section you could probably fine where I posted it, but if you still need it let me know and I'll hook you up. If that's the version you have I'm useless:)

Yes, are are understanding correct. And no, I'm not trying to activate the prepaid card. I had been trying for a few days now, but I just now got it to work. Must have been on googles end. Btw, I have 1.5-R79-v5

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep, must've just been something on Google's end, as was the case for me yesterday. Well, here's the latest gWallet apk if you'd like it. It was only a minor update but ight as well keep it in your download folder.

http://db.tt/OKBlL94z

BigDNY#AC

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to install this apk. sent it via email and put in my download folder.. It wont install. Just install Liquid Smooth yesterday...
any thoughts?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to install this apk. sent it via email and put in my download folder.. It wont install. Just install Liquid Smooth yesterday...
any thoughts?

I've used it a bunch of times myself after flashing roms and others have used it successfully, too. Make sure you have "unknown sources" checked in your security settings. Only thing I could think of. Otherwise you can try the link the 2defmouze posted in the GW thread on the first page of the general section.