4.2 Keyboard

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, since no one is asking about the elephant in the room, I will.

Keyboards can be very dangerous. Bad guys making bad rogue keyboards can capture keystrokes. Not good.

So, it begs the question: How do we know this isn't a rogue keyboard put in the wild to capture our valuable user IDs and passwords?

I'm not trying to be snarky here, just cautious.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Keyboards can be very dangerous. Bad guys making bad rogue keyboards can capture keystrokes. Not good.

So, it begs the question: How do we know this isn't a rogue keyboard put in the wild to capture our valuable user IDs and passwords?

Android Police has never done me wrong, and yes flash at your own risk.

This keyboard is sick!

Tapatalk sent from the GneX

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I guess I'm going to find out then :p

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Works really well. I recently put SlideIt keyboard, and deleted it after seeing this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I dunno, i think i like Swype better. It's taking some getting used to. For some reason Swype won't work immediately after a reboot, but the 4.2 keyboard will.

Edit: what's with the lower case i's ?
Yeah, type i without pressing space will leave it lower case. I love you - it's at the beginning of a sentence so it's capitalized, but i love you - not capitalized.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Love it, hell even my red theme works with it.
great find
Screenshot_2012-10-31-01-23-38.png

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you have this keyboard selected:
Menu button>Language & input>then make sure the new keyboard has been selected,it should work then :)

I had to go a different route to get the keyboard to work. I flashed the zip and went to language & inputs but it said that both Google keyboards were chosen but the 4.1.2 was the one that was working. I had to open the keyboard and long press on the space bar and chose the 4.2 keyboard from that list.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running BAMF 2.4

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had to go a different route to get the keyboard to work. I flashed the zip and went to language & inputs but it said that both Google keyboards were chosen but the 4.1.2 was the one that was working. I had to open the keyboard and long press on the space bar and chose the 4.2 keyboard from that list.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running BAMF 2.4

I have had to do it that way before as well,when I flashed an .zip.This time when I flashed the .apk( not the .zip) though I didnt.It will show that way too though :)
nu2e7u4e.jpg

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm still getting used to it. I still don't like that it won't capitalize i unless you press space.
Is there anyway to theme just the keyboard? I like the way my theme is set up, mostly stock looking with zenyth keys and steel blue by team carbon go launcher theme applied to Nova launcher. This keyboard is ugly though.
devetu9u.jpg
e7aduguj.jpg

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci