Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

Donald Nice

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The stock camera is going from portrait-mode to horizontal-mode even if auto-orientation is disabled. I liked this feature very much.. Now i have to enable auto-orientation before taking a photo, otherwise the cam will stay in portrait-mode. This version here is great and i love the work you are doing for us..Thank you!!!

But is it possible to add this feature to this 4.2 cam, too?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The stock camera is going from portrait-mode to horizontal-mode even if auto-orientation is disabled. I liked this feature very much.. Now i have to enable auto-orientation before taking a photo, otherwise the cam will stay in portrait-mode. This version here is great and i love the work you are doing for us..Thank you!!!

Beats me. That sounds like it would take some time to figure out, so I'll hold off on final judgment :).

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The updated zip is working flawlessly! I removed Gallery2.apk, wiped cache and davlik, and flashed. No FCs and everything seems to be working. The new photo editor is great too!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

santiemanuel

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

Maybe adding the setting android:screenOrientation="sensor" to the right activity on AndroidManifest.xml

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I like the older way of editing photos mo betta. New camera is good but I prefer the fine tuning as opposed to Instagrammy filters.

shkim698

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah don't do fix permissions. Fix them manually in Root Explorer.

ugh, taking ages and my battery more or less died because I took my battery out so many times and updating CM10 to latest version. I will make this camera function work!!! lol

whoisrikk

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if anyone is interested, but this works quite well on the Nexus S!

I've used the first method and the PhotoSphere is not working as discussed above. However, flashing the updated zip gets the PhotoSphere working or not yet?

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
For those of you having issues even after following all of the directions.

Go into system/app, and see if you still have the .odex file that goes with the gallery .apk file. If you do, delete it, or rename it to .bak, but get rid of it. It should stop the force close issues.

Those of us that are rooted but still running the stock non-deodexed rom will have this issue, as the .zip files don't remove the odex file when they flash.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
General instructions:

Grab .apk and those 3 lib files. Push/move apk to /system/app and push/move the lib files to /system/lib.

On all of those files (so 4 total), make sure your permissions are RW-R-R. Long press on the file, go to Permissions, and make sure it's Read - Write for the top and Read and Read for the latter two.

Reboot and everything should work. The only bug right now, aside from stuff with video that I haven't tested, is the inability to view Panorama photothings on the device--you'll need G+ and a browser for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463