Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
To get Sphere working on non-Nexus devices you might need to edit your build.prop file. MAKE A NANDROID FIRST!!
Thanks to aniket.sananse over at XDA:
Use a root file browser/editor go to /system and open for editing build.prop
edit the prop files...
Ro.product.model change to galaxy nexus

Ro.product. brand. Change to Google

reboot..!
you can operate sphere panorama... in camera..!

It worked for me when I CAP the G and N in Galaxy Nexus

rbernabe83

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Got Gallery to work on ICS but Camera Fc's, Does Someone Know how to get it to work?

- - - Updated - - -

Got Gallery to work on ICS but Camera Fc's, Does Someone Know how to get it to work?

XANAX

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Works great on my i777. Pushed to system/app, set permissions, reboot and BAM. Now I have both cameras. :D

Thanks Dylan!

-Not Chad

NoteModder88

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Im Running th Paranoid android 10-30 build with the KKX .12 kernal on a Galaxy Note I717, and i put those LIB files in place and set permissions to rw-r-r and Edit still FC and so didnt 360 shot

Update:

When i extracted the LIB's and then put them in the LIB file by themselves and not in the folders they come in that made it work. Well edit atleast, the Sphere shot said my device isnt supported.

Updated update:

if your on a Note and you want to use sphere, use the method to buy unsupported apps to use this. It worked on mine.

Change these two lines in the build prop:

ro.product.device = SGH-I717
ro.product.model = SGH-I717
to:
ro.product.device = Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.model = Galaxy Nexus

I also changed ro.product.name to galaxy nexus too

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Its working .....
e7a4ehuz.jpg

Tapatalk sent from the GneX

Miraclefish

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow!

Installed in around 10 minutes on my Supernexus (AOSP) ROM'd Galaxy S3 international version.

The camera app is faster than the stock one! Love it.

Sphere photos worked just fine, too. Bit of a novelty.

Is the Sphere button in the gallery meant to work at some point? I'm guessing it will eventually activate a sphere-photo viewer?

Amazing work, dmmarck!

humulos

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Working Great! I didn't flash, manually placed files. Only hiccup was the mosaic file not working properly, so I deleted the one already in my lib and then repasted the new one, works great now! Of course the Photosphere viewer isn't operational yet for me, but Google Plus will work in the meantime :) Thanks!

Forgot to mention, Cyanogenmod 10-M2 on Sprint G-Nex

Last edited:

jmbillings

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Not working for me :(

Both camera and gallery both FC with:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider com.android.gallery3d.provider.GalleryProvider: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: component class com.google.android.picasasync.PicasaContentProvider does not exist in com.google.android.gallery3d

Not sure what's going on there. Never used Picasa!

I tried renaming GalleryGoogle.odex as someone suggested but this didn't help. I replaced the Gallery back with the original (which immediately rebooted my device :| ) and all seems well again.

Not sure... GSM GNex 4.1.2 (JZO54K)

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
This just has me more excited on 4.2 ! Cannot wait. Settings on screen is over the top!
ezydu5as.jpg

Tapatalk sent from the GneX

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
No matter what i do move the gallery.apk or flash it still doesn't work, just "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped". I'm on stock 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus unlock and rooted.
I even dirty flash countless times to no avail
Anyone having the same issue, anyway to revert back? since I have overwrite the original apk.
Sigh... Rather have a gallery then totally nothing please help
THANKS!

Did you remove the gallery.odex file?

jeffwyeh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if Photosphere works with AT&T's HTC One X? Everything else works fine except the Photosphere...

Doesn't work out of the box on the One X. I modified the following three lines in my build.prop and it works:

ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

Wasn't sure what I needed to change, but based on the other replies, it looks like the one that matters is ro.product.model.

Once you change it, it should work after a reboot.

Edit: Looks like they've released a flashable zip that doesn't check for models.

We patched the Camera to stop checking for compatible phones when starting Photo Sphere - it should work on all devices now: Download The Android 4.2 Camera/Gallery App With New UI, Editing, Photo Sphere.

Just flashed it and restored my original build.prop; works like a charm.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Followed everything on AT&T S3 running Task and Ktoosez ROM. Everytime I take a picture it freezes the camera app. I turned off flash because I read that was an issue, but this wont even let me take a picture. I read someone said to rename googlegallery.odex but I cant even find the odex file. Help on where to do this if in fact its the reason for this problem? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Did you remove the gallery.odex file?

Can it just be renamed so that one can use it again, and if so where is it?

nikonjunkie

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Installed the file from the original post, and no dice. Running Vicious Jelly Bean 4.1.

Wiped cache
Used Root Explorer to place file into system/app folder
Changed permissions to RW-R-R
Wiped GalleryGoogle.apk file from that folder (moved to another folder and renamed)
Rebooted
Camera and Gallery were missing from my app drawer--nothing.

I'm too chicken to actually erase that original GalleryGoogle.apk file entirely. Think that's what's causing the issue?

mariusox

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So androidpolice have been doing some work:
We patched the Camera to stop checking for compatible phones when starting Photo Sphere - it should work on all devices now.

That means that I had to update my zip.

What should be working now is:
1. Panorama.
2. Photosphere. (requires gyroscope?)
3. Photo editing.
4. and the ordinary photo/video stuff.
5. Should work on ALL phones.

That means what doesn't work is:
1. Sphereview

Dev-Host - 4.2Camera_t02.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret