Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
mind my inept-ness,
Yes to Gnex (GSM), what's LightCycle (.lib file?)? , and i assume ADB commands on this.
if able, please provide as much of the file path as possible (/system/apps/????)--and can i just manually place it there w/ a RootExplorer while renaming the old file as a .bak? (sorry, not comfortable with ADB yet)

It's in system/lib. Follow my instructions in post 3. I believe the first link/bug has the file for the lightcycle lib file.

I must have done something wrong? Made a backup, then flashed the new camera. Rebooted and now the camera crashes "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped"

Rebooted in to recovery, restored from backup and it still crashes. So I re flashed the gapps, still no beans. What gives?

Sent from my Google Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Running BAMF Paradigm 2.3.1.

Try a manual installation?

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
It's in system/lib. Follow my instructions in post 3. I believe the first link/bug has the file for the lightcycle lib file.

Just a simple flash should work, no?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just a simple flash should work, no?

Use the latest if you do that. Like with driving, I usually go manual. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Use the latest if you do that. Like with driving, I usually go manual. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Manual as in adb? I have no idea how to use that and I'm not nearly a pc. Just got off a 36 hr shift

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
It's working flawlessly for me on my Verizon GNex. Here's a shot I took last night from my balcony. It came out pretty well, but you would probably be able to see where it didn't quite line up with more light https://plus.google.com/102832434736809540308/posts

HUGE thanks to Dmmark. I submitted a post about this thread to the site a write for and linked back giving you credit.

Now if we can just get the HDR working.

Last edited:

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

pushed both, set permissions, rebooted, nothing FC's but for some reason or other it just won't line up tiles. hmm. thanks for your tips/suggestions--i'll keep an eye on the zips and see if any of them correct it. (it was odd b/c it was working yesterday)

mattbrich

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Many thanks to Dmmark! After pushing the lib files as directed (had to do some renaming so the new files would take) and a few reboots it works really well. I'm running the 9-7 build of Bugless Beast JB on my Verizon GNex. I can't get photosphere to really work well...but i've never been successful in getting any of the camera apps that stitch photos together to work well...the seams never line up right and the exposure variations are too great. But I do like the camera and editing features better. It does appear that the images are slightly better than before but who knows if that's a placebo effect or not.

jameshmiller

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Those that are having trouble getting pictures to stitch properly, Try to take a photosphere of more of a landscape/open setting. It seems that the further the subject is away from you the better it does.