Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
SO heres a strange one. I have installed everyway mentioned, this last time I used the latest zip that has the new APK within it. Everything will seem to work until I actually take a picture. Then the app freezes, then I get a FC on the Gallery. The strange part is after this happens I lose my data connection first, then the whole phone freezes, reboots twice then corrects itself. Its like the hangup is when it tries to store the photo. Could this be a LIB issue of some weird sort? No clue. (S3 ATT on Task and Ktoonsez latest AOKP ROM.)

pclearwa

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed the latest zip and so far works flawlessly on my GS2 HD LTE running stock ICS. Many thanks to dmmarck and mariusox - y'all are awesome.

Actually, a couple of problems which don't show up on other devices:
- videos don't save - everything seems OK but video is not there.
- photo editing doesn't work. Hitting the "tiny planets" buttons either does nothing or kills gallery app.

Last edited:

trinkdata

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Forgive my noobness, but do i just extract all the files from "4.2Camera_t04.zip" into system/apps or only some of the files? Last night i dl'd the googlegallery.apk but as others have mentioned, the photosphere causes fc.

Donald Nice

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
flash the zip via recovery-mode.. Or do a manual install:

1. Extract the zip
2. Go to /system/app and delete or rename GoogleGallery.apk
3. copy all xxx.so files to /system/lib and set the permissions to RW-R-R
4. copy all xxx.apk files to /sytem/app and set the permissions to RW-R-R
5. Reboot.

Jtluce

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have moved the stock camera .apk from System\App. I flashed the 4.2Camera_t04.zip. The new camera works great and I can go into the editor, but I do not see the "tiny planet" icon. It not an FC issue, it is a "something is missing" issue. Is there something seperate I need to do? VZW Galaxy Nexus, BB 11-31.
Thanks!

Update! I was reading through the earlier posts (what a great idea!) and saw someone mentioned that the "Tiny Planet" only shows up as an option when you do a full panorama. I looked at one I had taken earlier and sure enough, the TP option is there.

So I can confirm that all seems to be working on Bugless Beast 11-31 for anyone interested!

Last edited:

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed the newest zip via clockwork and rebooted. What's the best way to tell if it replaced the previous zip file?

got it. Sheesh....I should really check out files before I post. Or drink more coffee first

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sstenhjem

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I flashed using TWRP, it works great with just a couple minor issues.

1. Screen flashes green for half a second when starting, sometimes
2. Stops responding, "Google Services stopped responding," but has only happened twice.

Thanks for the post.
Verizon SGS3 running Super Clean 3.2.

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey dmmark, did YOU deodex the camera app? Or did someone else? If u did, how did u?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Sh0K

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Installed with no problem on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.1.2 Rooted with rom Stock, I hope that the final version offers better quality..

bestgmx

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
hi
i have a htc sensation i got a lot bug during use this app
when i want edit pic program crash and close and also some tools in camera make program force close

wildta2000

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the Flash ZIP. Made it super easy! Was able to get it to work on SGS2 AOKP JB Mile 1.

Played with the sphere camera but I have no idea how to actually take the sphere photo. Whenever I move the phone to line up the blue dot, it seems to never want to line up after doing it the first time. Guess I'll have to research this elsewhere unless someone here can give me some pointers on how it works exactly. Maybe my gyros are off?

Found a video of what it should look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLk8XphmK_E.

Last edited:

neodoru

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed the latest zip and so far works flawlessly on my GS2 HD LTE running stock ICS. Many thanks to dmmarck and mariusox - y'all are awesome.

Actually, a couple of problems which don't show up on other devices:
- videos don't save - everything seems OK but video is not there.
- photo editing doesn't work. Hitting the "tiny planets" buttons either does nothing or kills gallery app.

I have the same problem with the videos but the editor (the planets :p) works fine if u use the latest zip from xda thread (I hope it's not illegal to send him there). JB 4.2 Camera + Keyboard + Desktop Clock [Working Photosphere Panorama] - xda-developers

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon