[ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toro - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - JDQ39

dutchbastard

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2.1 - JOP40C - New Build!

Great rom as far as I can tell so far. Truth be told this is the first rom I've tried and I haven't had the phone for long, but still.
My only problem is the horrible battery life.
I know 4G sucks up a lot and like with my previous phones I turn off my data at work so it can last me the day.
But on the weekends I want to use the phone like one would expect. But for the battery to only last me about 4 hours, is a little much.
Before I go blame it on the battery and simply go buy an extended one somewhere, I figure I would ask here for pointers.

Would trying a different kernel help? Is it the mods?
I installed the French Vanilla version yesterday (JOP40D). That's all I did though, no extra mods and no third party kernel.
I simply added gapps, the accounts to go with it, my email accounts on stock email app, and I use apps like facebook/twitter/flipboard/dolphin/chrome. I hardly ever play games so t's more for browsing than anything else.
Right now it's charging after I let the battery completely drain.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Great rom as far as I can tell so far. Truth be told this is the first rom I've tried and I haven't had the phone for long, but still.
My only problem is the horrible battery life.
I know 4G sucks up a lot and like with my previous phones I turn off my data at work so it can last me the day.
But on the weekends I want to use the phone like one would expect. But for the battery to only last me about 4 hours, is a little much.
Before I go blame it on the battery and simply go buy an extended one somewhere, I figure I would ask here for pointers.

Would trying a different kernel help? Is it the mods?
I installed the French Vanilla version yesterday (JOP40D). That's all I did though, no extra mods and no third party kernel.
I simply added gapps, the accounts to go with it, my email accounts on stock email app, and I use apps like facebook/twitter/flipboard/dolphin/chrome. I hardly ever play games so t's more for browsing than anything else.
Right now it's charging after I let the battery completely drain.
Disable Currents if your not using it and Facebook will quickly drain your battery w/ the notifications. I turn that off (notifications) no matter what ROM I'm using. Twitter notifications off as well, if you need all that then carry your charger w you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dutchbastard

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, your advice makes lots of sense. I never really paid much attention to the notifications anyway. I read when I want to open the app, not sooner so have no need for the notifications. Kinda silly now I think about never turning it off before.
I didn't have google currents, I did go and disable google search. Now I'm going through others for good measure. Like Google Play services....wonder what it is for.
Anyway, thanks.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, your advice makes lots of sense. I never really paid much attention to the notifications anyway. I read when I want to open the app, not sooner so have no need for the notifications. Kinda silly now I think about never turning it off before.
I didn't have google currents, I did go and disable google search. Now I'm going through others for good measure. Like Google Play services....wonder what it is for.
Anyway, thanks.

WiFi. ;)

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2 - JOP40C - New Build!

Sorry if this has been asked, but if I am going from the 12/18 build to the Vanilla 02/02 build, do I need to do a clean install or can I just wipe cache/davlik and install the ROM/GAPPS?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Sorry if this has been asked, but if I am going from the 12/18 build to the Vanilla 02/02 build, do I need to do a clean install or can I just wipe cache/davlik and install the ROM/GAPPS?

Backup your ROM and go for it.

pmcd1962

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

New build out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jimpia17

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

I'm new to Flashing Roms, but for me I'm using Clockworkmod Rom Manager Premium. On my Verizon GNex (Toro) I'm currently running Cyanogenmod 10.1 nightly's with current build JDQ39 4.2.2 and LeanKernel 6.0. I tried MMuzzy and liked it but it's only 4.2.1. When will MMuzzy make 4.2.2 with the Gapps available for flashing in Rom Manager? This is so much easier for me to flash then trying to download zips to my computer and putting on my sd card then flashing. I'm not a computer wiz.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

I'm new to Flashing Roms, but for me I'm using Clockworkmod Rom Manager Premium. On my Verizon GNex (Toro) I'm currently running Cyanogenmod 10.1 nightly's with current build JDQ39 4.2.2 and LeanKernel 6.0. I tried MMuzzy and liked it but it's only 4.2.1. When will MMuzzy make 4.2.2 with the Gapps available for flashing in Rom Manager? This is so much easier for me to flash then trying to download zips to my computer and putting on my sd card then flashing. I'm not a computer wiz.
There is no need to use your computer. Just got to the MMuzzy page with your phone and click the download links. The zips will download right to your phone. Then just boot into recover and flash the ROM and Gapps.

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Anybody want to be so kind as to test tethering in this ROM to see if an Xbox will work completely? On the 4.2.2 version? Pretty please?

Galaxy Nexus+Baked+Lean+TWRP=BOOM SHAKALAKA

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
so looking for a new ROM, having issues with AOKP and blue tooth and the BT fix did not work, so wanted to try this out.
Just would like to know whats the difference between the vanilla and french vanilla roms? does this use the newest gapps 2013-03-03?
Any issues with the new build?

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
French vanilla has a couple of mods added and it's the one I use because the quick settings menu is enhanced. It sort of finishes a few things that Google didn't get to. Vanilla is as close to stock as you'll get. There are a few devs that maintain MODs for the ROM so you can pick an choose what you want or leave it alone.

Before you flash the new build, go to the play store and remove Superuser. You don't want that to install after flashing because it will conflict with the new Superuser MMuzzy is now using.

Read the last few pages of the MMuzzy xda thread listed in the OP to find out if anyone is having problems. Also read the entire first post to make sure you have the correct recovery, installed.

I haven't flashed the new version yet, but this ROM has been nearly perfect for me. I run French Vanilla with none of the available mods. (I add Wave Launcher and LMT just to keep my webOS fire burning. LOL)