Status 7 Error when flashing any ROM

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks,

Issue here. Got a new warranty replacement Nexus.

I unlocked bootloader, rooted, CWM recovery.

ANY ROM I try to flash results in a Status 7 error and causes me to have to flash the stock rom/recovery. Tried re doing root and it still does it. Any ideas? It mentions the build.prop in the errors.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Status 7 is normally tied to a bad install script in the ROM.

Make sure your flashing a ROM designed for the Verizon Gnex and your using the most current supported custom recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Status 7 is normally tied to a bad install script in the ROM.

Make sure your flashing a ROM designed for the Verizon Gnex and your using the most current supported custom recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Exactly this. ROM must specify "toro" or Verizon Gnex... recovery should be the most recent one available. The latest CWM img is here: http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.5-toro.img and latest TWRP is here: Techerrata Downloads - Downloading openrecovery-twrp-2.3.2.1-toro.img

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks folks. Yeah I double checked both roms I tried and they were designed for my Nexus. However, I used the tool kit on here to push and install the roms and it worked fine. Installed CM10 and some other rom.

Guessing its an issue with the transfer from my computer to my phone.

ohcalcutta

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I'm getting a status 7 when I attempt to flash the JDQ39 4.2.2 stock rom over JRO03O 4.1. I'm unlocked and rooted, have the latest version of CWM and it is definitely the right file. Downloaded the file straight from droid-life.

Any other suggestions?

mhpspeed

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The install script mounts/unmounts the system automatically, so if you have to do that manually, something is definitely off or it's just a bad script.

Check the MD5 also.

And stop using toolkits :p :D

ohcalcutta

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
The install script mounts/unmounts the system automatically, so if you have to do that manually, something is definitely off or it's just a bad script.

Check the MD5 also.

And stop using toolkits :p :D
I didn't use a toolkit. I unlocked in fastboot and flashed the su zip file in CWM to gain root.

Anyway, I'm still getting a status 7 when the update that came OTA attempts to install so I guess I'm going to have to wipe and go back to square one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer